Anyone who is or was at the SW: 300 plz

Options
I'm finding lot's of skinny girls on here who I consider what I aspire to be..& I am totally cool with that..they just want to lose a few to maybe 30lbs..but really. I need a great support group.

I started at 306 & right now I'm not getting very much further under the 299 mark.. *sighs* & I'd like to meet some who have lost a few or who are just starting out..

Anywho..

Later!

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I only have 38 LEFT to lose, but I started out with 65 to lose! Feel free to add (disclaimer, I'm snarky and sarcastic!)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Hey there! I'm just starting out, with a SW of 290. It's daunting when you look at the long time, final weight loss goal, isn't it? We can do it though. We just have to push through all the plateau's that we will hit!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started out at 330 on this site with my highest weght before that at 337. Feel free to add me if you want! I'm on here multiple times a day and always looking for more buddies!
  • coltonsmumma
    coltonsmumma Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh like 273 today. I am only gaining weight, not losing... When I see people say they are overweight with a SW of 160-170 I get really depressed. I can't even imagine weighing 170 lbs again. At my slimmest I was 163.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I started off at 350 200 plus days ago now 225. I have 75 more pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me if you like.
  • sarahb225
    sarahb225 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started with around the same starting weight and have lost 62lbs so far! This website has helped me tremendously! Feel free to add me :)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I started on here 4 months ago at 329 and am now at 310 and have been stuck here for a couple of weeks, I have lost a total of 47 pounds though since January. Feel free to add me because I know where you are coming from and I am very close to where you started and was there less than a year ago but some health stuff lead to me gaining a bunch of weight last summer (to do with one of the meds I was on at the time).
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I started at 295 and am down 10 pounds - I have a LONNNNG way to go! Feel free to add me - I am dedicated and in this for the long haul!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya! I started right at the 300 mark. My goal is to lose 150, but I'm being realistic, I'm giving myself 'til Christmas 2012. Or until the Mayan calendar runs out and the world ends, whichever comes first... ;-)

Eliminating sugar and grains and going low-carb has been what works for me. What have you been trying?
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I started out at 315 and have slowly worked my way down. I'm just shy of 100 pounds lost and I can't seem to reach it:( I still have more that I'd like to lose so even this far into it it can feel overwhelming at times. You will get there:)
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    My start weight on MFP was 326. I just hit the 299 mark last week!!!!! currently I am suffering from pre TOM issues which is why my drawer is full of kit kats ;-(....but I should be back on track tomorrow....

every day is a struggle especially when you are addicted to sweets!!!
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    We need to change this post to Big Girls UNITED!!!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I started at 317 with my highest being who knows what ( I stopped weighing myself for a short time when I was really miserable) feel free to add me if you;d like :) Keep up the good work!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hiya!

Although I am close to my goal, I started out at 280 (ish) 3 1/2 years ago.

It does seem like a long road and I felt like giving up lots. The only advice I can offer is to set mini-goals. Like 10lbs first, then another 10lbs etc.

Also, don't look at this as a diet, but a lifestyle. If you eat a bad meal, don't say "Forget it, I already screwed up". Just pick up and keep going. I yo-yo dieted my whole life and always had the all or nothing attitude. It didn't get me very far unfortunately. So this time round I followed the above "rules" and have been sucessful. I am now at 146lbs. I NEVER thought I would see the day!

Just be persistant, take LOTS of measurements (As the scale will weigh not only fat, but water, muscle, bones etc). This is something that took me a long time to realize. The numbers on the scale aren't always the best thing to judge your sucess by :D

The very best thing is that you've started this.....YOu can do it!! If I CAN do it, so can you.. :D

hugs

feel free to add me as a friend :D
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I started at 282, after just having my baby 3 months ago. I'm not at 249, but I want to get down to 170 within a year :)

Feel free to add me as a friend, I have a long road ahead of me too!

Katie
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 325 I am now down to 274 I am always looking for new inspiring people that we can inspire each other.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    345+/- at the highest, 321 when I started here in March. I'm now in the mid-high 280s, with no intention of stopping. Good luck!! It can be done. BTW, there are lots of people here with amazing stories and pics of their successes. Keep at it, your very life depends on it.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was my hw was 315 but sw on mfp of 286
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Girl you know you got me. We're like the same weight.
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started at 277~ been on here non-stop for five months. It's a challenge, especially now with this awful heat the South is stuck in! Good luck to you :)

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter