Coming unhinged

Options
littlemissbgiff
littlemissbgiff Posts: 5,824 Member
Forgive me the serious post, but I am struggling here and could use some perspective, suggestions or perhaps simple distraction. Having dealt with fertility issues for the past 2 years, and receiving yet another devastating phone call from my doctor this morning, I am falling apart. I may look young in my profile pic (it's an old photo) but I will be 40 next month, I have lived through enough hardship to understand that my coping mechanism is food. I do not drink, I do not smoke, I do not socialize. I do not watch television. I find no comfort in exercise. I seek comfort in food. I have been on MFP for years and recently found the boards and found it to be a decent tool in getting myself out of my head for a few hours here and there. I've used it to gain perspective on myself, my health and I've managed to lose some weight in the meantime. Great. We all have our issues, certainly I am not the only one here struggling with severe depression. My question for you is this...How do you cope with it without derailing and losing your progress? More and more I am finding myself walking into the kitchen seeking something, anything to make myself feel better. Some days I am stronger than others but I find my resolve is getting weaker and weaker.
How do YOU cope?

Replies

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    what are some other things, besides eating, that you do enjoy?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym daily.

Weights > Cardio (for me)

Without the stress busting that the gym offers, I would simply walk into traffic.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    have you tried yoga? Yes, I am one of those girls... yoga cures all. Seriously though, I have been struggling lately, and it honestly makes me feel better. I recommend starting with 30 days of yoga with Adrienne on youtube.
    2 years ago, I was in a terrible marriage - i was overweight, neglected, and miserable. Yoga literally changed my life. pm me if you need to talk!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to seek some therapy?