Coming unhinged

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure I do have 3 children from a previous marriage. But my baby is 11 and it's just not cool to hang with your mom anymore.

Well, you have 3 kids so maybe you should count your blessings and move on? I could never imagine starting over with a new baby after 40.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure I do have 3 children from a previous marriage. But my baby is 11 and it's just not cool to hang with your mom anymore.

Gratitude is the key to happiness. You have 3 children. Some people don't have any. :/
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Well, you have 3 kids so maybe you should count your blessings and move on? I could never imagine starting over with a new baby after 40.

I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful for them, I am not. It's just hard to read the news and see stories about neglected or abused children, or worse go to Walmart and see some 6 month pregnant teenager with meth scabs all over her face and a dirty toddler in her cart and not wonder why I don't deserve to have another one. I gave up a career path in forensic anthropology 17 years ago to be a mother. It's all I know. Perhaps that sounds sad to some but I'm proud of that. I simply wanted to share that with my husband.

Maybe you should consider adoption or being a foster parent?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @littlemissbgiff, The OTC stuff you can try includes St. John's Wort and a little 85% cocoa chocolate. That offers a little help to keep you on track.

FYI I spent part of yesterday researching buttermilk, and decided to buy from www.culturesforhealth.com some starter cultures for fermented dairy products. It's no big deal, really, but it's going to be a thing to do, a responsibility with life-or-death consequences for those little bacteria and perhaps even some beneficial health consequences for my family. Maybe a little something like that, a new thing, a thing to do, a thing that helps you, is what you need to start finding your way back to stability.
  • kingdomtech
    kingdomtech Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am a spiritual person. I have found that my weight loss on MFP (45 lbs. so far) has come from a change on the inside, not validating myself with what is on the outside. Again, every person is different and I hope I am not being overt. But the true questions for myself was, "who am I?", "what matters most to me?", and "of all the things that matter to me, what am I actually in control of changing?. That is my guidepost. I'll admit, I look around at 36 yr old and recognize that this was not were I expected to be. However, the problem wasn't life, it was my exceptions. I hope yours will change too. Then real healing can happen... Good luck
  • pennypistol
    pennypistol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can relate on a lot of levels. I struggle with severe depression and food is also my comfort. You do achieve a feeling of accomplishment however when you do make healthy choices. I suggest making a healthy version of one of your comfort foods... Try taking a hot shower or bath with candles and good music. Sleep & cry it off, sometimes thats what ya have to do. I hope you feel better soon. If you cant go all in , just do one small thing like drink a glass of water. Put your feet first and your heart will follow.
    xoxo