elliptical question

Options
I was just wondering if I would lose some weight if I used my elliptical every day for about 25 minutes? I have one that already has 2 programs entered and it goes from low resistance to a higher resistance on its own....

If for now I only did that work out would I notice any weight loss/ inches off?
Thank you

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    About 3-4 years ago the elliptical was my main source of exercise. I did do some pilates but that was about 2X a week and the elliptical was about 5X a week. I got down to 130 lbs doing it. I lost about 20 lbs. I didn't track cals or eat differently, just ran my *kitten* off on the elliptical!! I can most definitely work!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not...just make sure to challenge yourself a bit on it and get your heart rate up. I use the elliptical more than any other form of cardio, and I know it gets my heart rate up and really gets me sweating. Good luck!
  • Nachos88
    Nachos88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got an elliptical trainer. i love it. When i started i could only run for 15/20 minutes. Now i run for 60 minutes...trying to up it up to 90 minutes.
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you keep up with your calorie goal and use your elliptical as exercise I think you would lose weight. The key is not to eat the calories you burn while working out if possible. Good luck!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much you eat. You are likely to burn less than 250 calories on the elliptical in 25 minutes.
  • Christina74S
    Christina74S Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting ur heart rate acclerated and keeping a constant rate of speed, I don't see why not. Of course the proper diet is always neccessary. Try it for a few weeks and see for yourself. I personally love the elliptical. But I do do other things with it so I can't say that it is my only weight loss tool.

Hope that helps a little!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I did this as well. It worked for awhile, but then my body got used to the same thing. I had to change up my routine every now and again. but I love my elliptical.
  • Hadenuf
    Hadenuf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My elliptical has been my main source of exercise since I started focusing on my weight loss in January. I've lost 51 pounds so far and to give you an idea of how effective it is - I've lost 6 inches off of my hips alone. Make sure you push yourself though is what I would recommend and try doing it backwards to work a completely different set of muscles. Also, eventually, your body will become used to the same kind of exercise, so don't rule out other forms of exercise altogether. I just spent a month in a plateau and had to switch things up to see results again. Good luck!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My elliptical has been my main source of exercise since I started focusing on my weight loss in January. I've lost 51 pounds so far and to give you an idea of how effective it is - I've lost 6 inches off of my hips alone. Make sure you push yourself though is what I would recommend and try doing it backwards to work a completely different set of muscles. Also, eventually, your body will become used to the same kind of exercise, so don't rule out other forms of exercise altogether. I just spent a month in a plateau and had to switch things up to see results again. Good luck!

Congrats on your 51 lbs!! I was wondering how often do you worked out on the elliptical and for how long?