Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    4ee73fe37d3809820fc6106261a9a08c326eb52478700514c701be01800affe4.jpg
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Stay safe & get out of there as quickly as you can. I'm worried cause a friend of mine is down there for work & it's stressing me out that something could happen to him as well. :(
    I hope everybody makes it out of there safely & anyone that stays there will be safe. Thoughts & prays to everyone that's going to be hit by this hurricane.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My biggest problem would be being unable to deadlift.

So far 113 confirmed deaths in the Caribbean because of this storm...

is that enough dead for you to lift?

264 in Haiti :cry:

One more hurricane name to add to the retirement list. This is a deadly storm and I wish everyone would take the evac more serious instead of riding this out. Death total is 377 including the Caribbeans so far.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »

One more hurricane name to add to the retirement list. This is a deadly storm and I wish everyone would take the evac more serious instead of riding this out. Death total is 377 including the Caribbeans so far.

Not everyone has an option, to evacuate!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Someone just tried to call me from Jamaica. I don't know anyone in Jamaica. I did not answer. I wonder if it was the hurricane?

Naw they are probably trying to scam you with you won the lottery or you owe the IRS.

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »

Not everyone has an option, to evacuate!

That's not entirely true in FL (I can't speak for other states). The state and local governments bend over backwards to help people evacuate and shelter someplace safe. Tolls are lifted on roads, and roads become one way outbound. Buses offer free rides to shelters. Shelters are available for special needs and for people with pets. You actually have no excuse to not evacuate in FL, if you are in an evacuation zone and under orders to leave.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Stay Safe!!!

d1wv8avad9fj.jpg
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Good news with the 11pm update...models are showing the storm may track a bit further to the east and stay off shore, which means less damage to the east coast. Of course storms will do what they want and you don't ever breathe a sigh of relief until it actually passes by, but that was encouraging to see. Praying for everyone on the east coast. Stay safe!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU OKAY
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    If you've battened down the hatches and yr staying, then I recommend going to Youtube and choosing a guided meditation for relaxation. That's what I do on a regular basis or else I would be in a straitjacket.
  • purplesevens
    purplesevens Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sitting out the hurricane now. Started by cooking steak with sautéed mushrooms so my steak didn't get wasted if power went out. Then went to online shopping, the stores may be closed but Amazon can have new junk to my house on Saturday. Then I got bored of online shopping and tried on clothes in my closet to see what fit with my newest weight loss, then took new pictures. Don't know if these are actual stress relievers, but it's kept me occupied. Don't think I can sleep with the banging going on, plus 1 of my cats got outside and I can't find him. Well he used be a neighborhood stray so I guess he knows how to tough it. Good luck to all. I got 2 days off of work with pay, and I'm going to need the extra time to take all this wood down.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    We lost power about 11:30. Eye is now 45 miles off shore and parallel with my town right now which is great. Should be out of here in few hours.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Radar is showing the back part of the storm will be making landfall at 7 this morning.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Our area avoided a hit and I am back home. I am happy it's over. I've lived in Florida most of my life and I've been through many storms my self but never on my own without my family. Feel like the brick on my chest is finally off. Thank you for your comments.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    We're good too. No power and will be tropical storm weather until tonight, but the main part is gone.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    good news from the few of you.