Help!

Options
So I have lost 15-16 pounds since April this year, and I was doing really well until we had some major life changes. Anyway I'm wanting to get back on the wagon but for some reason I can't. I just forget to eat healthy and I don't have the same motivation as I used to have, nor the same routine as everything has changed that kept me going. So does anyone have any ideas on how to get a kickstart back into healthy eating? Or just some encouraging and wise words even? It really is a decision I need to make in my head and I definitely don't want to put it all back on but I feel like I'm going to put it all back on at this rate. Help. Thanks.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Just start logging again. Don't worry about how much, or what you eat, just log.
    Once you have that habit reestablished start making the changes you need to to start losing again. You have a whole lot of data gathered in your previous logs, start revisiting them to get ideas of what you can do to get back into weight loss mode.

You know how to do it, you can do it, give yourself a hug and start to do it.

Cheers, h.
  • iheartchocolate2016
    Options
    Thanks, that's a great idea. I will definitely do that.
  • aeller3
    aeller3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel where your coming from. I've lost about the same since march. I have a long way to go and instead of focusing on the everything all at once I started small changes.. like drinking water again. I did that for about a month and then i started eating a better breakfast and did that for awhile.. Small changes make a huge difference. It's hard thinking about completely changing everything all at once especially if you've had a lot of changes happen in your life already. One meal at a time. You got this..
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Once you feel like logging is solid you can look back and identify problem areas. Then make a small change toward fixing one of them. For me it was to eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day.
  • iheartchocolate2016
    Options
    Thanks so much, again that's great advice and I'll do that. One thing at a time. I think I'll track my food again though AND increase my water because that's easy and a great start. Thank you. It really helps to be encouraged by others.