55 Pounds down.. loosing my drive I had before vacation :(

Options
Hey All :)

I am posting this because I am struggling to get back into my grove. I started out in January at 228 pounds and currently weigh 174. I want to get down to 145-150ish and hope to do it by October.. (when I move to Australia, YAY!) However I cant seem to get back into the swing of things prior to my Australian vacation last month. I am hoping posting will inspire me to work hard again and get to where i would like to be :)

This is me at 228.. i hove posted this before a while back, but its really the only pics I have from that weight as I tended to dodge taking any.. haha

30203139530967545110134.jpg

30203139528195475810134.jpg

This is me at 198

88602139.jpg

AND finally this is me on vacation in June :) at 170-175ish.. I gained a few pounds eating all the sweets! haha

dsc00390vs.jpg

dsc00519j.jpg

dsc00543lf.jpg

I guess I am really looking for more friends on here for inspiration and really just hoping posting some pics will help me get my butt back in action! lol So thanks for helpin me out!!

Replies

• drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You look amazing! What a big transformation you've already made.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    You've already done such a great job!! Congrats! Keep up the good work. Just remember how awesome you looked and felt in that little black dress!! :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    beautiful, well done :flowerforyou:
  • twinsmommy7
    twinsmommy7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and look at how successful you have been so far. Keep it up girl! :)
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Don't give up, you've come a long way you look great. Keep pushing & try to find your focus again. You've come this far so don't quit now!
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look amazing just keep looking at those pictures to get your GROOVE back on... Sounds like you were very focused & determined cuz of your trip is why you got it off SO.. MAKE ANOTHER goal something you feel very passion about and that my friend will get the rest off & where you want to be... Keep going.... You can do it. :drinker:
  • adsracer
    adsracer Posts: 8
    Options
    you have done an incredible job, and you will get the motivation back, especially if you are moving down for someone you love :)
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just do it! :smile: Get yourself back into a routine.....write it out on paper/here/where ever if it helps. I am just getting back into the swing of things after "coasting" while on my 2 week vacation. I posted on my wall what I had planned that way all of my MFP peeps will help to keep me accountable. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • dru_howard
    dru_howard Posts: 47
    Options
    You look totally fabulous.

I am actually 35lbs total into my weight loss and would love some new friends to help keep me motivated as I am finding it much harder lately. Friend request coming your way.

Keep up the good work - you can do this!!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, keep tracking. Whatever you do, don't gain any weight. If you never lose another pound, okay, but you don't want to gain any back!!! I first went to Weight Watchers and weighed in at 228 (9 years ago). I lost 42 lbs. Then I got pregnant, then I gained it back + 5 lbs. So I went to WW again, and did not stick with it. It works very well if you stick with it. Then I gained consistently for the next 5 years. At the beginning of this year, I weighed 258. It has taken me this long to get back to 228. I could just kill myself for gaining so much. Why didn't I just go into maintenance rather than quit all together?

Well, anyway, I'm back on track now, and I'm thinking of myself having turned back the clock. I have not been 228 lbs for the last 9 years. It feels GOOD! You are currently about the weight I was when I fell off the wagon the first time. Don't do it!!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    You look great! Those pictures should encourage you to continue. Look how great you look. You can do this!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Maybe try some new things? New exercise or sport you've always wanted to try? Change your carb/fat/protein levels? Try new foods? Hope you can find your groove back so you can reach your goal! Good luck!!
  • realdisco
    realdisco Posts: 9
    Options
    Whoa! Keep going, and yes, definitely think about how good it felt to get into those nice clothes.
    Look how cute you are in those jeans in Australia!
  • neoblues856
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful in that black dress!! i am so jealous :) can't wait to be there!!! keep up the great work :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    that's amazing- you're doing great & I'm sure you'll get your groove back soon
    very inspiring thanks
  • calig8tr
    calig8tr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to run in to the same wall...yes, and last time that happened (roughly spring of last year) I gained HALF of what I lost back (40lbs)...and now I'm starting back at it, which has taken me more than 6 months to do. I think what it is is that you look GREAT and you feel great, so you start to lose motivation. Unfortunately you can't go back to your old lifestyle because the weight WILL come back. You have done SUCH a great job and in a fairly short amount of time! Don't let this little speed bump slow you down because that 5lbs will turn into 10 into 20, etc. etc. before you even know it and I can promise you, you don't want that to happen!!!!
    Good luck!!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Don't let yourself down. You can do this!!! You lost so much weight already! Congrats and good luck!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can rebound from vacation. I just know it! You are looking so incredible and you deserve to meet your goals. Chin up and back in the game!!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You look fantanstic! Don't give up now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!