Need to lose 100 + pounds and scared

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've lost 96 lbs. in the last not-quite-a-year. What got me started was a scary blood test: I absolutely refuse to have diabetes! What kept me going was seeing that a consistent (logged!) change in eating and exercise habits led to a very consistent, reliable monthly weight loss. It felt great being lighter and fitting into smaller clothes, and gradually I realized that all I had to do was maintain the behavior and wait patiently for even better results. A year later, here I am!--in a size 10, no more 3X.

Always before, the idea of losing or gaining weight seemed like magic that arrived from the sky. If I lost, I was like Cinderella at the ball, and if I gained, it was midnight and my coach had turned into a pumpkin. The difference was that I saw I was in control of what happened. That was huge! I never have to be afraid again. I had been living with that sense of helpless dread for decades. It's gone! You can do it, too. There's nothing special about me.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The only real tip I have is as you get comfortable with that mile walk, add on a little distance slowly. When I started I did a mile every other night. I took a break from the diet and regained some, but pushed my walks to 5 miles 5 times a week. It made a huge difference! The weight came off faster and I never hit roadblocks again. Usually it is harder to look lose as you get closer to goal. But with adding distance and frequency of my walks, it is actually easier and quicker than when I started.