Excited about starting my weigh loss journey today!

Options
Hi, my name is Kristin. I am trying to loose a total of 80-100lbs Wish me luck and say a prayer for me. I know I can do this but its not going to be easy as I feel like I have a food addiction...that's how it has always felt to me. I am excited to start this journey and do the best that I can do.

Replies

• lhgd1989
    lhgd1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Way to go for making the commitment!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    If you think you have a food addiction......have you seen your doctor? maybe you should really start out strong and get this going with a trusted doctors supervision in addition to using this MFP app.

have you set up the app and do you intend to log your food intake and let me give you some advice....weigh your food. do not just imply estimate or trust the labels. you need to weigh in grams for most solids if at all possible. start this off right.
  • amyoung78
    amyoung78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My advice is make friends on MFP for support and accountibility. Good luck on your journey. I wish you health and happiness!!!
  • Guitarman1994
    Guitarman1994 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No need for luck... you got this. We are all here to support!
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    klsnead wrote: »
    I am trying to loose a total of 80-100lbs Wish me luck and say a prayer for me. I know I can do this but its not going to be easy as I feel like I have a food addiction...that's how it has always felt to me. I am excited to start this journey and do the best that I can do.

Hi Kristin, I'm Heidi. I think you and I might be in a similar boat! I want to lose 70lbs, which I avoided for ages because it seemed like an impossible undertaking. I feel/felt the same way about being addicted to food, but I've found that at least part of that seems to be due to habit. I finally started eating better and (gradually) becoming more active almost two months ago. Adjusting the kinds of food I eat and making a commitment to sticking with my healthy lifestyle through ups & downs has helped me a lot. Stay mindful and forgive yourself when you indulge! Just don't quit when you slip up (which we all inevitably do). Weight loss is definitely a journey, and we can do it! <3
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 60. I am not a severe food addict but I like to eat for emotional reasons. I think severe food addiction needs an expert, probably a doctor. It is very underdiagnosed and undertreated and very dangerous. It is extremely possible to overcome food addiction, but some people get addicted to dieting in exchange. One person I adore who is recovering from a food adiction is Leanne Vogel, please google her website. All the best to you!
  • Eliana_65
    Eliana_65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck kristin!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Just remember to take it one day at a time and don't expect results overnight. Eat healthy, and exercise, you'll start to see results in practically no time at all.
    I won't wish you luck because luck has nothing to do with it. Hard work and determination.
    Best wishes to you.
  • carlosapolinarioferreira
    carlosapolinarioferreira Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would like to say congratulation on your commitment. This is the first step for success. I also have lots of weight to loose. I have decided that I don´t think of how much weight I have to loose or how long it is going to take me to get to were I want to get.
    Get prepared:
    1. If you constantly eat, try eating without drinking any liquids while you eat. You will notice that you will be eating less quantities if you don´t drink.
    2. Get a digital scale, this is what actually made me realize how much I was actually eating.
    3. Get educated on food. Probably seek out a nutritionist.
    4. Get active, start exercising.

These are some suggestions, never give up and be honest with yourself.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    klsnead wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Kristin. I am trying to loose a total of 80-100lbs Wish me luck and say a prayer for me. I know I can do this but its not going to be easy as I feel like I have a food addiction...that's how it has always felt to me. I am excited to start this journey and do the best that I can do.
    @klsnead

Anyone interested in group support, here's a few links that you might check out & see if they fit what you're needing.
    :smiley:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1012-emotional-eating
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112095-binge-eating-disorder

Regarding the 100 lbs to lose groups... some group members no longer have 100+ to lose so if you have less to lose than that feel free to join. You likely won't be ID'd at the door if you have 80lbs to lose. :laugh:
  • MNFitnessGal
    MNFitnessGal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin, I hear you about food. That's seriously 1/2 my battle. I have heard often that it's about getting distracted with something else. That's true, I lost 30 pounds just not sitting in front of the tv at night. I am trying that again. Also, drink water when you get hungry, it's supposed to help fight the craving. I need to lose 40, but I'd love to have you as a fitness friend. I'm learning more about eating habits. Tough, but the end results will be worth it. Thinking positive. Best to you!