Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-in 2/7

Options
One week to go to the end of our challenge. I want to say Great Job all:flowerforyou: It has been truly motivational to be held accountable each day to all of MFP friends.

I am two pounds away from my goal weight for Valentine's Day. I completed my Biggest Loser Power Sculpt today-50 minutes and will add some shoveling calories later in the day.

Everyone have a wonderful day:heart:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    One week to go to the end of our challenge. I want to say Great Job all:flowerforyou: It has been truly motivational to be held accountable each day to all of MFP friends.

I am two pounds away from my goal weight for Valentine's Day. I completed my Biggest Loser Power Sculpt today-50 minutes and will add some shoveling calories later in the day.

Everyone have a wonderful day:heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm less than a pound away from my weight goal for V-day.

I discovered something yesterday - I always knew not to go to yoga when you are emotional - unless you want the entire class to know - but the same thing happened in my strength class. We got through the 15 min warm up (it's a 75 min class) and I started tearing up during lunges. I figured I was sweating buckets anyway, so if a few tears fell, no one would notice. Then we rolled over the ball belly down and my stomach stress/pain let me know that wasn't acceptable! I felt really sick. I managed to put all my stuff away and make it to the bathroom before having a mini-meltdown. I did the elliptical for a little while after that to burn enough calories.

I might do some strength training at home tonight - since I haven't done much all week. Hopefully kitty will come home tonight.

One week from today!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for starting us off today Julie! It's a new day - a new you! No matter what's been going on in your life each day is a new day for things to start looking up, for things to get brighter. Don't focus on the things that are going wrong - sure those things are going to play a part in your emotions and actions but today try to focus on what is going right! Even when things look dismal and gray there is always, always something shining even the smallest ray of light in your life. Look for it today!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, drank all of my water, & took all of my vitamins and meds. I much prefer the back half of my chart to the front half! Looking forward to starting a new one on Friday and then earning myself a new piece of clothing.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
    (((HUGS))),
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Tonight is spinning for an hour. and looking for the positive all day. (can I count that as cardio?:wink: )

I hope your kitty is home very soon, Mary. I know how I would feel if it were one of mine. My meltdown the other night began in spin class. During the last few seconds of sprinting, I burst into tears. Thank god for sweat, loud music and a huge towel to cover my face with while I sort of composed myself.

Positive energy to everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    ellitical 40 mins this morning cleaning and then 1 hr walk followed by another walk to collect my son from school this affy total about 30 mins but brisk because we were running late my two little ones have been fighting all day and toys have been thrown everywhere I have given up picking them up I will wait till they are all in bed.

Weigh day on sat I hope I have done ok I have been sticking to my cals so fingers crossed.

I am checking in while my husband and kid are eating cadbury cream eggs and I soooo wish I was having one they look yummy but I will thank myself and this check in for the distraction when I weigh in on sat.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm feeling very under the weather with "my time", so I just got back from a two hour long walk in the snow instead of spinning tonight. I have about one day a month where I just don't feel like I have any extra energy, and I needed the walk to clear my head. Also, the sun was actually out, so I got some vitamin D.

I just felt the need to "confess."

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yeah, confess for taking a 2 hour walk in the snow :tongue: That's like confessing you put cheese on your salad.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    25 minutes snowshoeing, thats all for today. :flowerforyou:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I had the day off work and did 3+ hours of exercise - not bad for a 46 year old!

One hour of walking dogs
    10 mins running with dogs
    1 hour 20 mins racketball
    20 mins of stability ball DVD
    24 mins running on treadmill

I am going to enjoy a noodle and tuna casserole dinner now. :smile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Humph, I am either paying for my run yesterday or getting sick. Woke up with the all over achy's and can't taste anything... the one good thing is that hopefully I won't have my monthly brownie craving!

I'll see how much of my 60 min I can get through on the gazelle but I'm not going to push it.