Not eggs again!

I need a change for brekkie. Bit sick of eggs. Looking for a protein, but what? Any ideas?

Replies

• CassieJones104
    CassieJones104 Posts: 76 Member
    I am in the same boat. I've been eating boiled eggs every morning and it's getting to the point I can barely stomach them! I switched to an Atkins protein shake for breakfast. It has 15 g of protein.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    edited October 2016
    I buy Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas, 50 calories with a ton of fiber and some protein. I put two pre-cooked turkey sausage patties cut in half (110 calories), and a slice of Velveeta sliced cheese (40 calories), and toast it in a pan. It's 200 calories with a decent amount of protein and very filling. 19 protein and 11 fiber.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Protein bars or shakes aren't too bad.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Protein pancakes, veggie omelettes.

I have eggs every day for breakfast. Just have them differently. One day I'll add some shredded chicken to them and have a wrap. Some days I'll add chopped peppers (all colors), green onions and cheese. Other days I'll have them plain with some bacon.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    you don't have to have breakfast food for breakfast. Have what you would have for lunch or dinner. When I ate breakfast, it used to be the leftovers from dinner. Usually the salad, the veggies, and maybe whatever the protein was the night before.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    duddysdad wrote: »
    I buy Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas, 50 calories with a ton of fiber and some protein. I put two pre-cooked turkey sausage patties cut in half (110 calories), and a slice of Velveeta sliced cheese (40 calories), and toast it in a pan. It's 200 calories with a decent amount of protein and very filling. 19 protein and 11 fiber.

I love these tortillas too. Eat them with cream cheese and jelly.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    I still eat it with an egg but I make quinoa with peppers and onion with an over easy egg on top.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    bacon
  • Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Damn.. now I want bacon :(..
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I could eat eggs every meal. I love them but my wife gets tired of them after a while and she loves pancakes so I figured out how to make some. I don't have the exact recipe in front of me but they are made from vanilla whey, coconut flour (or some other if you prefer), egg whites, PB2, and baking powder. I top them reconstituted PB2 and sugar free syrup and they are actually really good.

Of course you can also fix your eggs different ways. You could make a scramble and mix in lean meats, mushrooms, veggies, whatever. You can also cover them with salsa. My goto breakfast is chicken breast, mushrooms, and egg whites covered in salsa.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Cottage cheese, meat, yogurt, beans
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    I have a nasty cold so I had a can of campbells chicken noodle for breakfast. I've never been a breakfast food in the am kind of person though. Most days breakfast is a Quest bar.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Cottage cheese with sunflower seeds is good. English muffin with ham or sausage patty with cheese.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    duddysdad wrote: »

I love love these tortillas so much.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Turkey sausage with cheese on a English muffin...i sometimes add egg/egg whites. Greek yogurt with granola. Oatmeal with protein powder. A protein shake or smoothie.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2016
    bininj wrote: »
    I need a change for brekkie. Bit sick of eggs. Looking for a protein, but what? Any ideas?

Love my eggs! Had two on my plate, and 1/2 mixed in with homemade spaghetti squash fritters, this morning for breakfast.

However, there are a million other things that have protein that you can eat for breakfast: peanut butter on toast, cheese on toast, salmon, chicken, fish, quinoa as cereal, and the list goes on.

What type of foods do you like? Start there and look up the protein levels. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I could eat eggs every meal. I love them but my wife gets tired of them after a while and she loves pancakes so I figured out how to make some. I don't have the exact recipe in front of me but they are made from vanilla whey, coconut flour (or some other if you prefer), egg whites, PB2, and baking powder. I top them reconstituted PB2 and sugar free syrup and they are actually really good.

Of course you can also fix your eggs different ways. You could make a scramble and mix in lean meats, mushrooms, veggies, whatever. You can also cover them with salsa. My goto breakfast is chicken breast, mushrooms, and egg whites covered in salsa.

This actually sounds really good.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited October 2016
    Protein shake- I like to mix a serving of chocolate flavor protein with 8 to 10 ounces of coconut water- tastes like chocolate milk, yum!! (Tera's Whey is good and is grass fed & organic). You can blend it with a frozen banana for more calories/carbs/fiber if you like a more substantial breakfast- that ends up more like a chocolate milkshake.