A message for you

Options
Yesterday a woman whom I have met maybe three times in the past three years, a woman whom I have never had a conversation with went on an 8 minute Facebook live rant about me, about my weightloss, about how I am doing things "wrong".

You NEED to know that people who do stuff like this, if it's a Facebook live video, a text, a post etc. it is not because YOU are less valuable, or YOU did anything wrong. YOU did not deserve this. Some people just want you to fail, are jealous of your progress or decided you were going to be their target because they aren't happy.

You keep plugging away. You keep doing your own thing. These people are not the ones supporting you, cheering you on, they have no place in your journey.

You are beautiful, amazing and am exceptional human being.

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, some people are so toxic! I'm glad you are able to shrug that sort of behavior off so easily. I hope if I'm ever in a similar situation that I'm able to handle it with as much grace as you displayed here. Thank you for posting this!
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    People like that are energy vampires. They would suck the life out of you if they had the chance. Giving them attention, or letting them think they are under your skin is just feeding them. So.Not.Worth.It.

Keep staying strong! You are so much better than this b**ch.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    That woman is absolutely laughable. Low life, indeed.
    She needs the walk of shame.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with her having her opinion. The problems lies in if you put worth in hers. If not, let it go.
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Red_Pill wrote: »
    You know, sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that there's a select portion of humans who are just idiots. No amount of reasoning will put sense in their heads. With this knowlege one just smiles knowing the idiot is doing his/her idiot thing. Poor souls.

I'm sure you're doing just fine :smile:

@ me though! ;)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I like your reaction to this- very evolved of you.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Probably trying to sell you (or others) some bogus MLM product like Beachbody, Isagenix, Body by Vi, Advocare, ItWorks, etc.

I find MLM "coaches" to be the most annoying people ever on social media. I have several friends who became "coaches" and I had to block their posts because I got tired of the incessant shilling.

Yep, I was thinking this as well. Just someone trying to work a MLM shenanigan, I'm sure. :open_mouth:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    IIRC, the OP has mentioned that she has followed several Beachbody plans as part of her approach to weight loss.

OP, I'm sorry that happened and I'm glad you're not letting it get you down.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    One of the best things I ever did for myself? Delete Facebook. WIN :)

Same here, I deleted it when i found MFP.

Faceache/Fakebook has caused way too many problems and drama's for way too many people
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Red_Pill wrote: »
    You know, sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that there's a select portion of humans who are just idiots. No amount of reasoning will put sense in their heads. With this knowlege one just smiles knowing the idiot is doing his/her idiot thing. Poor souls.

I'm sure you're doing just fine :smile:

@ me though! ;)

@Coffeebeenz ... You hollered though *wink*
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with her having her opinion. The problems lies in if you put worth in hers. If not, let it go.

It's one thing to have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with that, I agree, but it's much more than just an opinion when that opinion is made public to shame someone.

^^This.

It seems odd for someone to go out of their way to do that, though, especially if they don't know you that well. How did she know so much about it to talk about it for that long? Is she on your FB page, or did someone just tell you about this video? Do you post a lot about your weight loss, or are preachy about it? Not blaming you, just saying that some people don't receive that kind of message very well. Maybe it would be a good idea to block or delete her if she's on your friends list.

Another reason why I never post personal stuff on Facebook in depth..