Very small achievement, but...

Options
janekana
janekana Posts: 151 Member
I'm so proud of myself! I've just started running recently and I initially wanted to go for 20 minutes today, but the numbers on the treadmill helped me a lot. My distance was 2.8km during the 20 mins, decided to go for 3km, ran another 5 mins to get to 250 calories, then went another to get to 4km, then another to get to 300 calories.

In the end I ran for 37 minutes! I walked for maybe 10 minutes of those, but I still have never went for 37 minutes straight on a treadmill. And I got to 4km! Another 1km to achieve 5km :)

I know it's something really small, but it's definitely gotten my motivation up, and I just really wanted to tell someone because I'm just so incredibly ecstatic to get to 4km!

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    *high five* :)
  • sampixmorris
    sampixmorris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep pushing those goals little by little and soon you will find yourself thinking that 5k is just a warm up for you.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know the feeling. Hang onto it for the days when the run is tougher. You know you can push through because your body is strong!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,016 Member
    Options
    That's not small, that's great!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Uh my dear that is a huge achievement and you should be so very proud of yourself!!!
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome! As you fall in love with your progress, it gets so addictive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!