Best Chicken Sausage?

Options
FlyGirlBea
FlyGirlBea Posts: 6 Member
What is your favorite chicken sausage and where do you buy it?

Replies

• jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Bilinski sun dried tomato & basil... but all of their sausages are delicious... they are in my local supermarkets and are made less than 30 miles from my house, they are also available online. look forthem at bilinski.com
  • sneakiestkitty
    sneakiestkitty Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Aidell's is so tasty and they have several different kinds. They're by the bacon in most grocery stores. My faves are the adoille and the chicken and apple. They have Italian meatballs too that taste pretty awesome.
    http://www.aidells.com/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like the TJ varieties
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the Trader Joe's varieties - my current fave is their Jalapeno.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Spinach and feta chicken sausage from Sprouts, but they have tons of different varieties.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    TJ or Sausages by Amylu
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Aldi has quite a few varieties depending on the season. And of course, being Aldi, the prices are fantastic. Spinach & Feta is good. Just got some pepper jack ones that are only a 100 calories per link, haven't tried them yet. And the Chicken breakfast sausage links are really good. You reminded me I need to pick up some more!

We also like the AmyLu Apple & Gouda chicken sausages at Costco. Great with the Spinach Mozzarella Ravioli or Cheese Tortellini at Costco.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like Premio, TJ's, and Wegmans. The precooked stuff is fine in a pinch though. There's a Trim and Easy (?) brand or something with low calorie sausages that I don't really recommend though.
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Make your own and you will never buy from a store.

Don't you need an expensive machine for that?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    Aldi has quite a few varieties depending on the season. And of course, being Aldi, the prices are fantastic. Spinach & Feta is good. Just got some pepper jack ones that are only a 100 calories per link, haven't tried them yet. And the Chicken breakfast sausage links are really good. You reminded me I need to pick up some more!

We also like the AmyLu Apple & Gouda chicken sausages at Costco. Great with the Spinach Mozzarella Ravioli or Cheese Tortellini at Costco.

Seconded on the Aldi chicken sausages. Their spinach & feta and chipotle varieties are both excellent.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love most of sprouts varieties. My favorite is the andouille. They also sell chorizo not in casing. Besides the precooked kind at whole foods for like $6 for four, it's the only one I have found that is just meat and spices. No soy or additives. I also like trader joe's precooked spicy Italian chicken sausage. Also no additives and its precooked so if I need a quick meal I can just sear it really quick and steam some veggies and top with tomato sauce for a meal that takes maybe 5 minutes in total!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I like the Italian chicken sausages (both sweet and hot) from Sprouts.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe?
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Make your own and you will never buy from a store.

• FlyGirlBea
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! Much appreciated. I have Sprouts very close to me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I made chicken, spinach and pine nut sausages the other week. They were divine.
  • FlyGirlBea
    Options

That sounds right up my alley...Would you share your recipe?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

That sounds right up my alley...Would you share your recipe?

Absolutely! I'll post it tonight when I get home, it's written down in my recipe book :)
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the chicken sausages from Sprouts. All the flavors I've had were great, and they're pretty reasonably priced.
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Johnsonville apple chicken sausage is pretty bomb!
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had always preferred Trader Joe's or Al Fresco…but recently I discovered the brand Thin n' Trim at my Stop & Shop. They are only 70 calories a link, so you get two for the amount of calories typically in one. They've got a buffalo chicken one that I love!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Al Fresco garlic one I believe used to be 1PP for a half sausage and 3 for a full one, they are pretty good.