Best shoes for working out?

Options
My first goal is just around the corner and the reward to myself is brand new tennis shoes to workout in! So what exactly is the best shoes for working out? I really love the Reebok Easytones so any suggestions?

Replies

• chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ithink it varies by individual and type of work out. Spend a little more and get properly fit and evaluated.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have New Balance, but I got them for running and to deal with my shin splints. I love love them.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    i'm using a pair of Asics Gel Strikes. They're meant for running (which I do) but they do well enough for my Power 90 videos. I first started working out in an old beat up pair of Reeboks and could instantly tell a difference when I got the new shoes. Good luck :)
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love my Easytones! Great for walking and working out!
  • MissyHarb
    MissyHarb Posts: 19
    Options
    I really like Asics. They are comfortable and pretty durable. I just bought a new pair yesterday. The other pair I have had almost a year and they are still in good shape and I try to walk at least 3-4 days a week and for 3 miles each day. Good luck.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a reputable running store (even if you don't use your shoes for running). Take your old shoes with you. They'll analyze your shoes and watch you walk or jog and then show you options that support the way your body moves. Through doing this I've found I can't wear Reebok or New Balance but can wear Saucony and Nike. After you've done it once you'll have a better idea of what to look for in the future.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike MaxAir and they're great!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Best thing is to go to a sporting shoes store and tell them exactly what you are doing a let them know things like high arches or flat feet etc. The best shoes I had was when I did that.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and advice! I will be going to have my feet evaluated and fitted for the first time in my life. I can't wait to have shoes that fit my feet the exact way they are supposed to instead of just picking out my size and wearing them home.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend going to a fitness store to be properly fitted. I recently did that, and I got the best shoes I've ever had.