How Many Calories in Marinated Pan Seared Halibut?

Options
I am cooking a 4oz piece of Halibut--pan searing in butter and olive oil. Also, the fish marinated in the orange and lemon juice and a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
Thoughts?

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Well, olive oil is 120 calories per tbsp. Just add up what all you put in it.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Since you're cooking at home, I would just log everything individually (fish, butter, olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice). Even if you have to go back and guess at amounts, it will be way more accurate than us guessing.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Well you have the ingredients and this app...try logging it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My thoughts in no particular order

Why is somebody asking for thoughts on a fish dish?

Did you weigh everything in your recipe and log it accurately, double checking because that's all that counts

Sounds delicious

So any recipe / food will help towards any weight goal as long as you hit your calorie goal and nutrient goals over time
  • ponyvillalobos
    ponyvillalobos Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was asking because when a fish is marinating in citrus and olive oil I am actually not ingesting all of the juice and olive oil. I should have been clearer with my question-- how does one account for calories in marinades?
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I would try measuring the marinade before placing the fish in and again after taking the fish out. The difference is what has been absorbed by the fish.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    I would try measuring the marinade before placing the fish in and again after taking the fish out. The difference is what has been absorbed by the fish.

^^^This. I actually often add a thickener (such as corn starch) and just make the marinade into a sauce, depending on what the marinade is. But that's not what you're asking, so go with Sloth's method.