INSANITY!!!!! SUPPORT THREAD FOR NEWBIES OF INSANITY!

Options

Replies

• McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    Hey all!

I just started yesterday - that fitness test alone damn near killed me! What are the actual workouts like compared to the fitness test?! I'm scared now. =/

Also, for aburk13456 and for anyone else else who has completed it all, what's the step up from the first month to the second month like?

Yeah, I will let you be suprized, just do your best and don't hurt yourself! Good luck I am in wk1 as well ;) It get's better as you prgress, you will see your endurace build up ;)
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    Stay motivated everyone!! If you're in your fourth week you're almost half way there and there's no turning back! We wont let all this progress go to waste! If you're in your first week then keep fighting! The results are worth it!!

Don't get bogged down on one or two bad workouts. The important thing is to stay committed to the schedule and the nutrition. I have a sudden boost of motivation this week and I am very excited to start doing the "max" workouts in month 2.
  • ChristyLangdon
    Options
    I have done both! I really like Turbo Fire and she also has a low impact!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs today! Many, the ab exercises just don't get any easier yet, but neither does pure cardio LOL! 4th week and I am ready for a change of pace/scenery next week! Hang in there, everyone!
  • McghanK
    Options
    First day of my second week. I can feel my endurance is getting better and better. The Emergen-C joint support and the naproxen is helping with my knee pain. I always end up drenched!! I love it!!
  • Nomi3
    Nomi3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do my fit test today. I was actually looking forward to the darned thing but alas, my body has other plans. I'm passing a freakin' kidney stone! So, fit test will have to wait until tomorrow, assuming all goes well. For now, it's back to my pain meds and lots of water.

Tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow will be better.

Have a good night, happy Insanity y'all!
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread! I just finished week 2 of insanity today and have my much needed rest day tomorrow. I am so sore!! I have lost 1.5 lbs so far. I can feel myself getting stronger, I just need to melt this fat off so see the muscles! :smile: I really need to see some visible results to motivate me to keep doing this craziness! I am impatient! Anyway, can't wait to share the Insanity fun with everyone!
  • kristinmichele1215
    kristinmichele1215 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi INSANE Peeps :)

I would love to join you all for some support in this adventure! I am going to start with the fit test tonight and then Day 1 tomorrow! Wish me luck :wink:
  • determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of Insanity! Today is Pylometrics today, just trying to pump myself for this beating lol:smile: ! Keep digging deep everyone
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi INSANE Peeps :)

I would love to join you all for some support in this adventure! I am going to start with the fit test tonight and then Day 1 tomorrow! Wish me luck :wink:

Good luck!! First week is the best, start strong and thatll help you finish strong. The best part is seeing that pool of sweat when youre done. I look like ive come out of a shower right after an insanity workout!
  • kristinmichele1215
    kristinmichele1215 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    OK! I didn't get to the fit test last night, but I got up early this morning and did it!! It was pretty brutal, but not quite as scary as I had built it up to be in my mind :smile: On to day 1 tomorrow!
  • ric039
    ric039 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. That fit test wrecked my thighs and quads with all that jumping!

I'm doing Insanity not to lose weight (I'm a little scrawny as is), but just to build muscle and I'm a little concerned with the diet plan. If I did the math right, it says I need to eat 3000 calories just to maintain weight, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the $$$ to make that happen. Any tips?
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave me the insanity DVD. After I complete Jillian's 30 day shred I will start that. (God willing!)
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide whether to get Insanity or TurboFire. My worry is that I'm still too heavy to do either (215lb today) ... I have TurboJam which I do like but it is a bit 'dancey' and I kind of get lost .......
    SuzieR start with P90x if you have it...Insantiy is rough!! I know...the dvd's has been collecting dust for a hot minute lol (Injury) but wow intense. Never heard of TurboFire. You have me intrigued. Will google soon. :smile:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Abs today again! I seriously cannot get all the way through each ab exercise, it is insane! As Shaun T says, at least there are no crunches! Yeah, I think I could make it through crunches better than his ab routines!!

my thoughts exactly..im sure crunches are easier, lol!

Ya know half way, maybe not even halfway i was thinking the same thing, and i have done crunches. lots of crunches. crunches ARE easier
  • McghanK
    Options
    I just started yesterday. That fit test wrecked my thighs and quads with all that jumping!

I'm doing Insanity not to lose weight (I'm a little scrawny as is), but just to build muscle and I'm a little concerned with the diet plan. If I did the math right, it says I need to eat 3000 calories just to maintain weight, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the $$$ to make that happen. Any tips?
    [/quoTE}

I am sure you can eat those calories fast and you dont have to spend that much money. Google calorie info on good healthy food like deli turkey breast or chicken breast and stuff like that, shouldn't take that much money to do.
  • McghanK
    Options
    OK! I didn't get to the fit test last night, but I got up early this morning and did it!! It was pretty brutal, but not quite as scary as I had built it up to be in my mind :smile: On to day 1 tomorrow!

Then you will have fun with the rest. They ARE a work out. I am on wk 2 and I still have pool of sweat, it's so worth it I though, I think!
  • ric039
    Options
    I just finished the Poly circuit. Holy cow. I could not keep up with any of the jumping exercises, and my shoulders already feel like rubber
  • HalloweenNinja
    Options

Hey ric039, considering the INSANITY program is pretty much entirely based on cardio, it's probably not the best one for you if your primary goal is to "build muscle". If you're sticking with BeachBody products, then the P90X program might be more of what you're looking for. It's more well rounded - including flexibility, weight training, etc.
    My own aim is to use the INSANITY program to build up my stamina and core strength up in preparation for future strength based workouts, so I guess you could go along a similar line. Depends on how quickly you want to build that muscle.
  • ric039
    Options
    I may be doing something wrong form wise, but I didn't really feel like the stretches actually stretched me out. Anyone else have this problem?