South beach??

Options
Hello!!!

I'm planing to start the south beach diet and would love for support/friends who are also following the diet ! Please feel free to add me looking for additional support

Replies

• CheriBlSsin
    CheriBlSsin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is the South Beach?
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My mother also did it and lost tons of weight !!! I'm looking to start tomorrow if anyone wants to join in it's a diet that focus on lots of veggies low carb
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago and am trying it again but without all the artificial sweeteners. It worked great for me last time!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    What is the South Beach?
    Right below North Beach? :o

badum tssk!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and lost 40 odd in 4 months with no exercise, this time I plan on exercising.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It's a nutritionally sound plan, and I've used it in modified form to lose 70+ pounds over the past few years. My only criticism is: the recipes I've seen tend to be difficult to do for someone who's single and living in a 1BR apartment with limited storage space. Phase 1 is difficult, it gets much easier after that -- and it's easier than something like Atkins in my opinion.
  • fitfiercemom
    fitfiercemom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Novella84 wrote: »
    Hello!!!

I'm planing to start the south beach diet and would love for support/friends who are also following the diet ! Please feel free to add me looking for additional support

I am starting it too, I'd love to be friends on here and keep each other accountable!
  • adkarg
    adkarg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are any of you still doing the diet? I started it on 1/2/17. I'm still on phase one. Last week was pretty rough. I didn't have much energy and I felt pretty crabby. I feel great this week though.

I did the diet about 13 years ago and lost 30lbs in 3 months. I kept it off for a long time too. I was pretty good about following phase 3. Different events have happened over the last 5 years and my diet went to *kitten*. My goal this time is to lose a minimum of 30lbs. I've lost 8lbs so far.

I'm doing the 21 day fix workouts because I really like them. I'm not crazy about the meal plan for it.
  • Toni5569
    Toni5569 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on South Beach also. Began March of last year. Lost 50 lbs. Loved the diet. Found it very easy to follow & loved not having to weigh or measure. Took a trip out of USA & my eating began to unravel. Then struggled thru the holidays. Started back on phase one just a couple of weeks ago. Feel free to friend me. I'm tracking what I'm eating this time. I've found that I eat below 75 grams of carbs at least 50% of the time & typically below 100 grams carbs normally. Love the diet but am adding exercise this time as well.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add me.. I'm very interested to try ...