Low(er) Calorie Cracker Alternatives?

Options
I made some tapenade as a topping for steak, and it was awesome! But my tapenade recipe gave me more than I needed for the steak recipe. So I'm trying to decide what is the best way to use it up enjoyably so it doesn't go to waste.

My go-to crunchies are raw veggies and pork rinds. I'm not really enjoying it with the veggies - they seem to go better with something creamier. This is more salsa-ish. And the pork rinds are too salty. So I picked up some whole grain rice cakes. Those are good, but I'm open to other ideas. Suggestions?

Replies

• momnom27
    momnom27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love Wasa bread light rye crackers. Good with guacamole, salsa, Greek yogurt. Only 30 cal per sheet.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Corn Thins
    Ryvita wholegrain crisp bread
    Ryvita Rye an Oat Bran
    Finn Crisp original

minimal ingredients, fibre and all 3 are pretty low sodium.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Toast

Or home made Melba toast
  • FindingCynSporation
    Options
    I love the Back To Nature brand - I came across it at my local Whole Foods store. My boyfriend HATES wheat crackers (or anything healthy lol), but he actually loved these and asked for more! I'm sure one of the flavors would work great with your tapenade.
    http://www.backtonaturefoods.com/what-we-make/crackers/
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would go for those tiny toasts. And yum..olive tapenade. Love it! You could also use it as a sandwich spread with hummus, cucumber, tomato in a pita.
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Milton's multigrain
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Everything crackers. I can't believe how many constitute a serving. (They might be a little salty though.)
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can always make your own "crackers" by toasting thin breads such as pita or tortillas. I also would say that popcorn is a great low-cal salty snack option that people often forget about. Even a buttery-flavored popcorn set can be decently low-caloried if you only eat 1-2 cups of it. Or you can get the ones that are 100 calories for each bag.

This other option might seem strange too but I also liked munching on turkey pepperoni slices. They are surprisingly low-calorie if you eat 15 or so pieces (probably around 70 calories).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of corn thins. Way tastier than rice cakes.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This other option might seem strange too but I also liked munching on turkey pepperoni slices. They are surprisingly low-calorie if you eat 15 or so pieces (probably around 70 calories).

This sounds like a great idea. You could even bake them if you wanted something crispy.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/crispy-pepperoni-chips-recipe.html
  • Spin533
    Spin533 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Which is better lindt or black and green organic dark choc as a snack.Thanks