Running Sneakers

Options
Looking to buy a new pair of running sneakers. Any suggestions? I am always nervous to buy a new pair because I feel that I can never tell if I really like them until I run in them. Also...how often do you buy running sneakers if you use them daily? Thanks!

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You should be able to get about 400 miles out of them... it might be harder to keep track of if you use them for more than just running. For an average runner, it should average out to about 15 miles a week for 6 months.
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love Asics. Best place to buy them is Kohls. Use you card and you can get 15 to 30% off on top of the sale price.

Kohl's also has a great return policy.
  • nvkatie78
    nvkatie78 Posts: 49
    Options
    I really like Asics-- they fit very well and are very cushy. I would also recommend finding a New Balance store-- they are very attentive there. They will put you on a treadmill and take a video of how you walk and then determine what will be the best shoe to suit your needs. They are a little on the pricey side, but trust me, they are worth the investment when it comes to running. Hope this helps.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance and Ryka. I have 2 pairs that I alternate between to minimize blisters.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Asics! I love mine, my husband loves his, my mother loves hers...
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Asics-Gel 1160. They were good price, light weight and have great arch support. I am a little flat footed so I need the support. It really does depend on how you run, and if you have a high arch or flat foot. I went to Hibbett Sports and the sales lady helped me, by assessing my situation.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store! Get fitted...they will let you test them out on a treadmill or run around outside for a bit to see how they feel. Also...when they do the treadmill test they will check to see how you run...if you pronate, suppinate, or have a regular heel/toe motion, they will check to see everything they can about your stride and heel strike. They can recommend the best shoes for you. Don't go by a brand...go by the feel. For me personally...I use Ryka for road running and Montrail or Brooks for trail running. Those are the best fits for me....go get fitted. Odd as it is...it's similar to a bra fitting...not everyone will have the same needs.
  • rjyoung
    rjyoung Posts: 17
    Options
    You can't go by what others say for a running shoe because all of our feet are so different. Your best bet is to go to a store that specializes in running shoes and get someone who knows what they are doing to fit you. It's a good idea to take your current worn-out shoes in, too, so they can see how you wore them.
  • WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline. I would suggest going to a specialty running store to get fitted. They will get to know you and often take back a pair of shoes if they don't work. My shoes last around 3--4 months. I usually keep 2 or more pairs and rotate them, so they can dry out between runs.
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing...my last pair totally came apart! I would NOT recommend either the Reebok easy toners or the run tones.. myself and 2 of my friends had them and they really just fell apart. My friend's started making weird clicking noises.. like a suction cup.. now she sounds like a horse all clip-cloppin along. lol
    I just bought a pair of the Nike zoom sister one+, they are very light weight and so far comfortable (but i've only worn them twice, so not sure yet)
    I had a pair of new balance shoes that i loved loved LOVED... wore them for years till they finally died. Havent been able to find em again.
    Hoping the nikes will be awesome!