375 calorie meal needed

Options

Replies

• jennice23
    jennice23 Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This conversation got completely derailed.... does anyone know of any meals no more than 375 calories because I would like to stay within my goal plan. I have recipes just looking for different food ideas. My weight loss is going according to plan I would like to keep it that way
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    People are just offering suggestions other than sticking to 375 calories per meal. Try different breakdowns and see what works best for you, but keeping one meal lighter and being able to up the calories for a meal or two certainly gives you some good options.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, if you look more carefully, YOU are telling it what you want there (the percentages), and it's just doing the math for you. It's not saying there's anything special about the defaults or that all meals must be the same or that you need to have 3 and a snack.

I think it makes things more complicated, but if you prefer being given a calorie goal for meals, go for it. Just don't think you have to hit the numbers -- if you eat more at one meal you'd just eat less at another.

Premium should charge more for passive-aggressive users.

:laugh:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    I always plan half of my calories to be split between breakfast and lunch and the other half plus exercise calories go to dinner and an after dinner snack. But I am pretty flexible with it as long as I stay within my goal. If you want to eat a larger dinner then just eat a smaller lunch or breakfast. You can set up the percentages any way you want to.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You can eat anything you want to add up to whatever calories you want, just weigh out your portion and make sure you eat the right amount. Plug the foods you like into your diary, play around with the portion size until it adds up to the calories you want, and then eat that portion. I usually pre-log what I want to have and then figure out in my diary how much of it I can have.

If you are struggling to keep your calories that low, adding more veggies is always what I do to stretch out the volume of a meal without increasing the calories. When i really don't have many calories left, I'll make eggs and veggies, or a Lean Cuisine with veggies added.

It's kind of hard to suggest foods when we don't know what you are currently eating, and 375 calories isn't really that low that you can't eat pretty much anything within reason.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like a 400-500 calorie dinner, so I eat smaller and more boring meals/snacks throughout the day to plan for that. I eat between 1250 and 1400 calories a day, depending on exercise.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There's a group on here for info on low calorie recipes that you may find helpful.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    ?

Split up your calories however you please. Just stay in a deficit.

My dinners usually ave about 350-400 calories. Shirataki mac n cheese with chicken sausage and laughing cow cheese sauce is my go to.

how do you make the laughing cow cheese sauce? i'm a fan of any kind of mac and cheese.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ?

My dinners usually ave about 350-400 calories. Shirataki mac n cheese with chicken sausage and laughing cow cheese sauce is my go to.

how do you make the laughing cow cheese sauce? i'm a fan of any kind of mac and cheese.

Take a few cubes and nuke them. Add a little milk if it's too thick. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @jennice23 - I think you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be. ;)

The 1250 total daily calorie allotment does not have to be split into 3 equal amounts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The idea is that provided your total daily calorie intake doesn't exceed 1250, you will lose weight at the expected rate. It's absolutely irrelevant when in the day you ingest those calories. Fretting over getting breakfasts lunches and dinners to all come in at around 375 calories each is majoring in the minors and completely unnecessary for weight loss. :)
  • jessiferrrb
    Options
    ?

Take a few cubes and nuke them. Add a little milk if it's too thick. :)

that seems easy enough.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ?

I just mix them into whatever I'm cooking at a low heat with a rubber spatula. Works better if you break up the wedges first. Depending on what I'm making it will make it less thick if there is water from vegetables. I also like to add nutritional yeast sometimes to thicken it. If I have extra calories I'll even add some cream
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    There's a whole subreddit devoted to people who eat 1200 calories. They often post meal ideas and recipes. Perhaps you'll find that helpful.

1200 is plenty
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jennice23 wrote: »
    This conversation got completely derailed.... does anyone know of any meals no more than 375 calories because I would like to stay within my goal plan. I have recipes just looking for different food ideas. My weight loss is going according to plan I would like to keep it that way

Lots. I gave you a way to create them.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I understand that youre trying to stick to the goal plan but were just suggesting that you can adjust that plan as needed without going over your calories, and you actually can even disable meal goals all together!

But at your request, my go-to lunch lately is a whole wheat wrap, it has sautéed potatoes, Morningstar chicken strips, lettuce, ranch and parmesan cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I ditch the cheese all the time. They vary depending on the amount of ranch and other things I use but it usually comes to 270-410 calories.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Chicken Marsala for 306 calories. Add 70 calories worth of veggies along side. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-marsala
  • jessiferrrb
    Options
    @arditarose thanks! definitely going to try it out.