375 calorie meal needed

Options
13»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have a fabulous vegetarian lasagna, I make it into individual serving containers and freeze it for a great grab and go lunch. Only 237 calories per serving (although I make it a little different each time, so that varies a bit). Three types of cheeses, so it's got a not bad protein count (15g/serving). Put some fruit (or more veggies) on the side, and you have a decent meal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/208253882240493
  • aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know salads are the stereotypical go-to suggestion but I like them b/c I can make huge salads for 375. I typically take a lean protein, add in some carrots, cucumbers and/or tomatoes along with the greens. Sometimes I'll add some Bolthouse dressing but most days, I'll just splash on some vinegar and salt for 'dressing'. I'll finish it up with a piece of bread with peanut butter. There are lots of ways to change up the salad too. I'll add in some pico de gallo, or Trader Joe's cowboy cavier with some black beans and omit the carrots and cucumbers. Or you can add in a hard-boiled egg with some chicken breast, ranch dressing, tomatoes.

I also like taking the dinner leftovers from the night before. I like skinnytaste.com. I don't always use her recipes but it gives me inspiration.

I also agree that you don't have to view the 375 calories as set in stone. I've found through trial and error that I like my lunches to be about 400 calories and breakfast to be about 200-250 and dinners to be about 550.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I cut my meal goals off. But to answer your question for suggestions. If I wanted a 375 calorie meal, I would go with a lean protein such as chicken breast, fish, sirloin, pork tenderloin then add lower calorie sides: green beans, salads (light on dressing or vinegar based dressing), sautéed vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, brussel sprouts, cabbage), cauliflower. You could season green beans with real bacon bits and Italian dressing or make green bean bundles with precooked bacon. Roasting vegetables in oven brings out sweetness and so easy. Another favorite is fish tacos. Corn tortillas are approximately 50 calories each. Frozen tilapia is 98 calories a filet. I season the defrosted tilapia with old bay or adobo then sauté in a skilled sprayed with no stick spray. Finish with squeeze of lemon or lime. Serve with cabbage slaw, basic toppings or salsa. Other options, flat bread pizza. Chicken tacos. Taco salad (light on chips or none; pack in veggies). You could even go for a foil pack for an easy meal that has quick clean up. Top vegetable with a lean protein and seasonings. Lettuce wraps are versatile. Even pasta. I know some shy away from pasta but you could cut the portion of pasta in half then add in extra vegetables. I like zucchini noodles. It doesn't replace pasta for me but for a lighter option, it's great. I'm sure you've read it a lot, but invest in a food scale. It really makes a difference. Weigh your ingredients. I even weigh prepackaged foods. I made Velveeta skillets one night. I had been measuring out one cup as on label. Well, I weighed it on the scale and Lawd have mercy! That was the saddest serving of food I've even seen. Lol. It sounds like weighing food would be a pain but it's not that bad. Good luck!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    wether i eat 1200 or 2000 calories i always save majority for dinner.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be under 400 cal per meal, unless I know I am going out or want to splurge on a meal -- so I do have a few examples for you from today --

Breakfast was:

1 cup spinach, 1 cup chopped zucchini, few mushrooms sauteed in 1 tablespoon country crock. Add 2 eggs, mix into a scrample. Top with 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese. 2 tablespoons salsa.

Lunch was a protein smoothie:

2 cups spinach
    1.5 cups frozen strawberries
    1 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
    1 container of oikos triple zero strawberry yogurt
    2 scoops Click mocha protein powder
    few ice cubes
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    jennice23 wrote: »
    This conversation got completely derailed.... does anyone know of any meals no more than 375 calories because I would like to stay within my goal plan. I have recipes just looking for different food ideas. My weight loss is going according to plan I would like to keep it that way

I just looked through my food diary. I have no meals that are 375 calories or less, unfortunately. However, I would like to suggest that you take the foods you like and simply eat less food during the meals.
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to grilled chicken tenders brushed with a little Italian dressing and Worcestershire, steamed broccoli , and fresh corn. That should be under 400. I also like grilled or baked salmon with sweet potato and asparagus. Yummy! White chicken chili is really good, and low calorie too.
  • jennice23
    jennice23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such good ideas. I will send a picture in a few weeks with my new body <3:);)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think just my snack and breakfast are the only meals that low. Breakfast is usually 3 egg whites and one whole egg, 4 slices of turkey bacon and 14g of cheese. That's 275 cals. My evening snack is about 200g fresh strawberries, 150g dannon light and fit greek vanilla yogurt, and 30g of Fiber One cereal. Comes out to 210 cals. Hope this helps!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    http://www.acedarspoon.com/homemade-minestrone-soup-recipe/

Just made this soup last night...came in at around 350 calories per serving.

...and yes, you can leave the cheese off.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My lunch most days is baked chicken breast and some sort of roast vegetable, maybe a grain also. Yummy, filling, healthy, easy, and within your target.

I also made. Turkey bolognese with spaghetti squash that could be a good option.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I messaged you.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    ?

Split up your calories however you please. Just stay in a deficit.

My dinners usually ave about 350-400 calories. Shirataki mac n cheese with chicken sausage and laughing cow cheese sauce is my go to.

how do you make the laughing cow cheese sauce? i'm a fan of any kind of mac and cheese.

Take a few cubes and nuke them. Add a little milk if it's too thick. :)

that seems easy enough.

I love Laughing cow cheese. This is a great idea!
  • 1958val
    1958val Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jennice23 wrote: »
    My fitness pal suggested I eat 375 calories at my meals times based on my 1250 calories intake per day. I asked if anyone new of any meals that was with in 375 calories. This is an open conversation. I simply said I don't eat cheese. I did not need anyone to tell me to pay them because they did not like my response to their food ideas. I was simply saying I don't eat cheese! Any more ideas? :/

i have a light lunch of a garden salad 40 calories with a tin of tomato and onion tuna only 90 calories very easy and filling