The best coffee...healthy too!!

Options
So I just tried something that I read recently about using protein powder in my coffee instead of cream.
I used 12gm of my vanilla protein powder for each of my 2 cups of coffee. This way I'm getting my protein.
But...the kicker of this is using an immersion blender and it froths the coffee up perfectly to a beautiful and delicious frothy latte!! This is how I will be making my coffee from now on. Super yummy and easy. Who needs all of the cream/sugar (which before I would only use 1 tbs of half&half) but this tastes so darn good...and it's filling too! :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I do that often. with coconut out or whipped cream. Yum.

My advice is to make sure your coffee isn't too hot or the whey curdles. which is less than yum. ;)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

My advice is to make sure your coffee isn't too hot or the whey curdles. which is less than yum. ;)

LOL I'm sure that would be less than yum :p I think there was a typo with the coconut did you mean coconut milk or is there something else

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Check and see if the protein in your powder survives the heat in your coffee.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add Great Lakes Collagen to my coffee... I never thought to try vanilla protein powder. Thanks for the tip.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black, so don't have to worry about what cream/milk to add.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried that and the powder curled and it was disgusting, lol.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I've been putting 15g of whey protein powder in my coffee--no problems at all, and it's pretty hot.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I prefer my coffee black, so don't have to worry about what cream/milk to add.

I actually like it black many days as well. But to get the protein powder in for added protein, it tastes very good as a latte and the "cream"'for my coffee when I want that ;)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    I sometimes add Great Lakes Collagen to my coffee... I never thought to try vanilla protein powder. Thanks for the tip.

I also use Great Lakes Collagen in my coffee...or when I remember to, lol! That would really even make it frothier!

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Check and see if the protein in your powder survives the heat in your coffee.

I hope you are only eating raw meat then :wink:
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You have to temper it in, ie stir it the whole time you're slowly adding or use an immersion blender. My husband has his coffee with 25g of protein in it every morning!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

LOL I'm sure that would be less than yum :p I think there was a typo with the coconut did you mean coconut milk or is there something else

Oops. Yes, I meant coconut oil. Coconut cream is very tasty too.