What is your longest run?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a weird runner. It stresses me out to track my distance, so I track time.

My longest run was an hour.

I know you real runners are laughing at me.

@GottaBurnEmAll - not weird at all. You are a real runner!

I just did a half marathon as my longest run ever, and I trained by time not miles. My coach has us run our long runs purely on total time. My longest run before doing a HM was 2 hrs 15 minutes. I did a HM mid-september in 2:45 and this past weekend in 2:39. So those are my longest runs (though I did walk a bit in the first one).

Thanks for that! It's interesting to know that a coach uses time not miles. I don't know what it is about me, because normally I'm competitive with myself, but the distance thing just throws me. Tracking time made running fun for me again instead of a chore.

The other thing is that I run a lot on an indoor track. Counting laps is not my idea of fun. :p
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Well, I'm a weird runner. It stresses me out to track my distance, so I track time.

My longest run was an hour.

I know you real runners are laughing at me.

not at all (am I a real runner? well, I run, I enjoy it, and I've done a couple of races)

I run off -road mostly, nd mostly run for time. My normal runs are 40 minutes – this is the amount of time I have before I have to get showered for work. My distance is gradually increasing and I’m getting further along the track before I turn back.
    ‘long’ weekend runs I AM trying to build mileage, but I have my watch set for ‘laps’ of 20 minutes. Gives me a boost each time it beeps knowing I’ve hit another 20. My longest run was about 81 minutes

I was told if running trails, aim for time not mileage in training, as the terrain is the thing that will get you.

Very cool. I'd love to do trail runs for the scenery, but I am a major klutz and am terrified of putting a foot wrong. I already have a lovely scar over my eye from falling a few weeks ago and having my glasses cut my eyebrow when my face met the road while I was out and about.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    62km/ 38 miles

That was a 12 hour event, so 10 circuits of a 6.2km trail route and I bailed out after 9:30.

I've got two of those next season, one of which will be back to back with a marathon the following morning.

I've got a friend who entered a 100 mile trail race over the weekend... He bailed at 52. I can't even fathom anything I just wrote :D
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    314 miles..a lot of walking and shuffling ...8 days....ha
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Only 9 - ran out of time. Runs like that can turn goat's milk into gasoline and are far too rare.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I was told if running trails, aim for time not mileage in training, as the terrain is the thing that will get you.

Agreed. My first marathon took me just over 6 hours and I was pretty gutted, particularly as colleagues had done London in the order of 3:30-4:30.

Once I looked at the results it put things in perspective, the winner was the only person under 4 hours and he took 3:56.

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    18 miles.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

Very cool. I'd love to do trail runs for the scenery, but I am a major klutz and am terrified of putting a foot wrong. I already have a lovely scar over my eye from falling a few weeks ago and having my glasses cut my eyebrow when my face met the road while I was out and about.

it just takes practice and looking ahead. Focus on where you are GOING to put your foot rather than where you SHOULDN'T put your foot (if you focus on the tree roots you WILL trip over them.....).

As an added challenge, the running group I've now joined runs through the woods and cow fields, one evening a week. In the dark.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Longest ever...32 miles.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon......not sure if I'll go full marathon or not ( would like to work my way up to a half-iron triathlon.....)
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    7 miles. Aiming to get up to 10. I have no desire to ever run marathons.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5K...I'm not a runner...I can cycle all day and then some though.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    17 miles. Training for a full.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Whatever run I'm doing when you ask feels like the longest run I've ever done. My longest was a 10k with a victory lap, just over 6.5 miles total. Did not enjoy it. Got fire nipples as a prize. Have no desire to run more than 5k ever again. Prefer riding a bike.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    naculp wrote: »
    26.2 miles

I swore I would never do a full marathon again... Then I did 3 more

Hahaha. That's me. Did my first back in May. Told the wife it was the stupidest thing I'd ever done!

Just started training for the Phoenix RnR marathon in January! LOL.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I will be running my 3rd half later this month. I have never run past 13.1.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    To date, my longest run without walking or stopping is 75 miles.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2. I hate running.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    HM - I don't think I could do longer. My feet are just too damaged to do any longer, and by then the runners high is long gone :D
  • Blondieee00
    Blondieee00 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing one big event...I run 10+ miles several times a week... I find it much more rewarding to run 80mi/week than to just go all out once at 30mi and die...