Anyone tried the new coke zero formulation?

Options
13»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I am a coke zero fan so hoping they havent made it taste like pepsi.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Okay, i am trying it now...
    hyNnFPW.jpg

it tastes... exactly like the old formulation to me. LOL

Crisis Averted :lol:

giphy.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Okay, i am trying it now...
    hyNnFPW.jpg

it tastes... exactly like the old formulation to me. LOL

Crisis Averted :lol:

zwfcjhw8sadc.gif

Thank gods. I like Coke Zero, just tried it for the first time a month ago.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Looks like they're re-branding from Coke Zero to Zero Calorie Coca-Cola.

My guess is that this is a temporary move to create a furor so that they can bring back Zero Calorie Coca-Cola Classic.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

My guess is that this is a temporary move to create a furor so that they can bring back Zero Calorie Coca-Cola Classic.

Now that is interesting -because I dont think they will be allowed to call it Zero Calorie in Australia- because technically it isnt, it is about 1 calorie per 100ml.

Perhaps it will be called Zero Sugar here - which is totally correct, of course.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Now that is interesting -because I dont think they will be allowed to call it Zero Calorie in Australia- because technically it isnt, it is about 1 calorie per 100ml.

Perhaps it will be called Zero Sugar here - which is totally correct, of course.

And strangely enough, that's exactly what the label above says.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does.

Perhaps where OP lives has same rules about not labelling things Zero calorie.

which from my understanding, is allowable in other countries, USA, for example - so I'm guessing the poster who said it is being re labelled as Zero calorie coca-cola lives there and that will be the label used there.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    after drinking a ton of mexican coke i cant drink anything but that. Ugh its lightyears better then all versions of coke. its gotta be that good ol table sugar they use instead of HFCS. we buy a case of it at costco. Plus drinking out of a bottle is fun.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am in the UK and have tried the new formula. There is not too much difference but it does maybe taste a little bit more like normal "fat" coke than before but without the obvious sugar hit. If I am drinking any diet soda at home I add a small slice of lime which improves the taste alot imo. Like one of the previous posters my favorite diet coke flavour was the one with lime or lemon added during manufacture although this seems pretty rare now.

Back to the new Coke Zero - I think it is an improvement :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    I am in the UK and have tried the new formula. There is not too much difference but it does maybe taste a little bit more like normal "fat" coke than before but without the obvious sugar hit. If I am drinking any diet soda at home I add a small slice of lime which improves the taste alot imo. Like one of the previous posters my favorite diet coke flavour was the one with lime or lemon added during manufacture although this seems pretty rare now.

Back to the new Coke Zero - I think it is an improvement :)

awesome! :)

One of the things i like to do here is go to the international candy stores and buy the american flavored coke zeros. It's something i really really miss about the U.S. Cherry coke zero, vanilla coke zero, and other zero varieties (like sunkiss zero, barq's root beer zero, and lemon lipton zero).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't have splenda or stevia. Please don't let it have splenda or stevia.
    Yeah, that ruined diet Pepsi

Coke Zero is one of my favorites.
  • ConcordDiet
    ConcordDiet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I believe it's the version that brings back aspartame. Bad news ingredient.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I love aspartame. I think there is some in Monster Energy Zero Ultra I drink every morning. As for Coke Zero, are in agreement the USA coke zero formula hasn't changed?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

The "old" Coke Zero here in the US already has aspartame in it, and it is gloriously awesome.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I had Coke Zero with lunch yesterday, in Connecticut. I wasn't thinking about this thread or the potential change - but it tasted different than what I usually get. It seemed sweeter. It was still good - neither better or worse, really - just a little different. It's entirely possible that I could be wrong (or just more/less sensitive yesterday), but it did seem a little different.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I love aspartame. I think there is some in Monster Energy Zero Ultra I drink every morning. As for Coke Zero, are in agreement the USA coke zero formula hasn't changed?

According to everything I could find on the Google, this is mostly a re-branding strategy by Coca Cola UK. Seems they did some polling and found that half of Great Britain-ers didn't know that Coke Zero had zero sugar (Wut???). They say it now tastes "more like Coca Cola Classic" but haven't specified any ingredient changes.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

According to everything I could find on the Google, this is mostly a re-branding strategy by Coca Cola UK. Seems they did some polling and found that half of Great Britain-ers didn't know that Coke Zero had zero sugar (Wut???). They say it now tastes "more like Coca Cola Classic" but haven't specified any ingredient changes.

Thank you! Thats good news!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I wonder if the new formulation will be available in the States or Canada since it is only available in Europe?

Aspartame is just two amino acids.. nothing to be concerned about.