Found a really neat place

Options
called SNAP kitchen. Everything is organic and prepared for you, you just have to heat it up. Its all portioned and seasoned too, and has full nutrional information on the label. Today, I'm trying the Greek Salad with shrimp (all 180 calories in a huge container) and its delightful. I just wish they weren't so far from my house!

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Take a look at MyFitFoods, it is very similar and has several locations in austin, houston and dallas.
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love both SNAP and My Fit Foods (I am addicted to the My Fit Foods breakfast tacos - but WAY healthier then most breakfast tacos, so I figure that is ok). I love how easy it is to pop in and grab a healthy lunch on days I don't bring my lunch to work!

There are a couple others in Austin that are similar: Mel's Meals and Simply Fit. People in my office have tried them, but I have not yet.
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh, great information! thank you!

I hope to find other places closer to me, especially since my son is at his dad's for most of the summer. I don't want to cook for just me, but I don't want to eat fast food either. These places can make all the difference!
  • mattkdawson
    mattkdawson Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love both snap kitchen and my fit foods. I feel like MFF has more selection but i probably visit snap more often because it's closer to work.

i'll usually go buy two or three lunches on monday and keep them in the fridge at work on days when i don't have time to pack something healthy in the morning. I don't have an excuse because it's there in the work fridge and i'm less likely to order Jimmy Johns or something if I need to work through lunch that day.
  • Ready2Lose400
    Ready2Lose400 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm just getting into snap and MFF because i'm new to austin!
  • allaraarden
    allaraarden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of either of these before! Thanks Austin people