ORLISTAT????

Options
hi guys im new to this and starting my diet tomorrow (wednesday 13th july 2011) as I am starting my Orlistat pills on thursday from the doctor>
are there any success stories with these and how quick did u lose weight?

good luck to every 1

sammie xxx

Replies

• daneslord
    daneslord Posts: 31
    Options
    OK.

Orlistat works. It's not a magic pill though. The general thing is, if you lose two pounds on your own, the Orlistat will lose you the third. But if you're eating all sorts of crap, it won't save you.

And you won't like this, but go and get an extra pair of underwear and put it in your purse. At some point, you will need it. While you're getting used to it, it can do...nasty things. Evil, horrible things. But as long as you stay under about 13 g grams per meal, you'll suffer minimal side affects. Go over that and G-d help you. They're not kidding around when they warn you about the side affects.

Also, take a multivitamin when you go to bed or your hair will fall out. I'm not kidding.

All in all, it's a helpful tool to have around. Good luck.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs in about 2 weeks with it several years ago. Not for me. The learning curve is very steep if you aren't careful. Read the warnings and precautions. And carry a change of underwear and pants with you. Good luck
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It basically teaches you what and what not to eat, greasy foods will go straight through you so please carry wipes and a change of clothes where ever you go! (the grease stains wont come out either!)
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    NO... do not take this drug... you can find help at the local health food store by taking: red yeast rice, CO-Q10 and the best is BIO-Astin! Hope you heed my advice, as I have had high cholesterol since going through menopause (20 years) but have now begun to see a steep decline in my cholesterol because of the supplements I take. I tried this medicine and all it did was take all of the oil out of my body, via my stools.
    Loosing weight and exercise, along with cutting out the bad fats in your diet will greatly improve your cholesterol, verse taking meds that mask the issue.
    Do not normally comment on these post bu it "hit me" that I need to share with you my experiences... am going to be 60 years old in October and felt compelled to share my experiences so that you do not have to go thru the hell I did on statin drugs and the other alternative drugs, which you are taking. Who says that Cholesterol is bad for you? My Grandmother and Great Grandmother only ate butter and had steak and potatoes with fresh veggies and salads. They also enjoyed sweets and deserts! They both lived to be 95 and 93 respectively.
    I think that the chemicals the food companies add to our foods is the culprit! Not real butter and real olive oil!
    Take care, Maui Sue
  • fmorpurgo
    fmorpurgo Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi there,
    All the warnings about the side effects are meant to scare you, and that annoys me a bit :// If you are careful about what you are eating (and you will be if you dont want to have an accident!) then you will have absolutely no problems. I haven't had any side effects, have lost 7 -8 pounds in 4 weeks, and feel fine.
    If you choose to take these tablets because your doctor has recommended them for quick weight loss then you go girl-dont let any one scare you, or demean how you want to lose weight.

Good luck-wish you well.
  • clairegreen74
    clairegreen74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i agree with fmoropurgo,imon these tablets they do help you,if your sensible,keep in mind everyones bodys diffirent,i havnt of yet ,had bad side effects xxxxgood luck xx
  • SouthPark11
    SouthPark11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not all warnings are meant to scare, they're not based on myths or exaggerations...
    I took the drug and did experience the nasty side effects (luckily I was home), and I also suffered from intense headaches [for ~1h after each administration] and nausea.
    If you're obese and can sustain the side effects then you can expect a satisfying weight loss, as daneslord said, at a rate of 1kilo lost from orlistat per 2 kilos lost from diet.

Good luck and I really hope you're not one amongst us who saw the ugly face of the drug, but amongst those who liked it.!
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No, Olistat sucks! Just stay on MFP, count your calories, do your exercise and mediation. This drug will ruin your liver and totally screw up your digestive system since it does not process ANY fat. We need fat in our system to process lots of nutrients. I tried a different form of this drug (high cholesterol), yet I have low blood pressure and pulse...go figure~it is just the latest drug to "combat cholesterol". it ruined my digestive system. Aloha, Maui Sue
  • BorderlineChap
    Options
    Actually it only stops your body absorbing 30% of the fat you eat, it doesn't stop you absorbing ALL fat.