Wearable fitness tracker???

Options
Looking for a new fitness tracker and would love to hear reviews of your favorite and why?

Replies

• Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    =O I second that notion, it's also waterproof. I swim with it.
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Withings Activite. I originally got a Garmin Vivomove but it wouldn't connect to my smartphone. I didn't want that fitness tracker look to my fitness tracker and these two look like analog watches. The app is nice and you can connect it with mfp to view your calories on the apps dashboard. It doesn't subtract calories from your daily activity on mfp (not that I wanted that feature and would have disabled it if it did).
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit surge, great if you want the GPS feature without having to take your phone with you on runs. If your not a runner or dont need the GPS than I wouldn't go with this model, its bulky, and I do have tear issues underneath the watch though this doesnt affect performance.

I previously had the force which didnt make it to all countries before the recall and I found difficulty going back to a flex after the addition of a screen. I was affected by the 'allergic' reaction that some people had to the force but have not had any issues with the surge (nor did I with the flex).
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR and a new Flex 2. Love the charge HR, got the Flex 2 because it's the only Fitbit that is waterproof and will provide swim metrics. I really want a Fitbit with all the features of the Charge HR or the Charge 2, but with the swim features of the Flex.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Alta and I love it. Best part is the removable band. All the tear issues with some of the other models are fixed with this feature. You no longer have to replace the whole thing, you can just change the band if there is an issue. I have mine synced to mfp and it works great. It tracks sleep and when I log my extra workouts here, it shows up on my Fitbit app. It is not as wide as some of the other models too.

I also got the Fitbit Aria scale which is also synced to mfp and the Fitbit app so I hop on the scale and it automatically entered my weight here and the Fitbit app.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine and I love it. For me, the big thing was I didn't want to have to charge it. This uses a 2032 battery that lasts for a good 3 months or longer before I have to change it out. Been very very happy with mine and it was half the cost of a fitbit. It says it's waterproof but I never wear mine in the shower. I really don't care about tracking anything during my shower. :D I can wear it like a watch or I can wear it attached to a belt loop. Both ways work well (belt loop only for grocery shopping). Thus far, it seems to be very accurate with calories burned for exercise when I compare to a treadmill I'm within 50-100 calories or less. Since I only eat back half of my cardio calories this works fine for me. Syncs well with my iphone.

• maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a POLAR A300 but I will be upgrading to the M200 once it releases. A300 is waterproof, monitors most things, and best part about it that I only have to charge it once a month :) You can charge the bands out. I've had it for almost a year now and it has helped me lose nearly 45 pounds ^_^
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm one month into using my Polar M400 and I used to have a Polar FT4. I think it's really good value for money for a watch that combines GPS, step tracking, sleep monitoring and links to the Polar chest strap and online tracking options. It syncs easily with the MFP app on my phone too (so it can update my calorie allowance for the day) and you can charge it by mini USB once every few weeks if you don't use the GPS. With GPS on, I think it lasts about 8 hours. It has an alarm also.

The M400 tracks steps, estimates distance walked and calories burned per day and gives you an activity target you're expected to work towards each week depending on your self-reported activity level. It doesn't track calories through heart rate at the wrist but I wear the chest heart strap when I'm doing cardio to get a reading of calories burned per workout. People say the chest straps are the most accurate for calorie burn calculations and it's really not that uncomfy, even with a sports bra.

The best thing about it is the mobile phone Flow app and website which it connects to. I can see what times in the day I was sleeping, sitting, walking or running. Each day comes with a readout of calories burned, steps, distance covered, hours slept (including % restful sleep). I can compare these stats on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and the readout gives an average of the stats by week or month. The workout information is pretty helpful too- total calorie burn, average heart rate, time spent in each of the five heart rate zones and a graphic of the heart rate from workout start to end so I can see where I was really going for it and where I was slacking (you can track this to a GPS map if you're running so you can see which stretch was challenging etc). You can select from about a hundred sports 'profiles' which include things like treadmill running, cross trainer, indoor bike, field hockey, yoga.

I've got the white one. It's very obviously a sports watch because of the size but it's a stylish one as far as they go, with different options for the watchface readings.
  • Fayecg89
    Fayecg89 Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I highly recommend anything Garmin, build quality is great and battery life is brilliant compared with others ones, they last a week easy. My boyfriend and I have tried a few and we both now have different Garmin trackers and can't fault either. I have a Garmin vivoactive gps smartwatch and he has a Garmin vivosmart hr activity tracker. The phone app syncs with my fitness pal perfectly and the Garmin app is easy to use, I have an android smart phone and he has a iphone and we both have never had a problem linking these devices to the phones. I love the choice of activities you can use it for and the waterproof feature as I swim. My advise would be look at what you will use it for exercise wise, for example mine one maps my swimming really well as it allows me to put in the pool length when I select that activity whereas my boyfriends although its fully waterproof as well doesn't offer this but he doesn't swim and uses his for running mainly. Happy shopping :)
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my Apple Watch. It's finally waterproof. I just use my phone for step tracking, so I'll probably switch to the watch. I just hope I get in the habit of wearing it.

The average amount of time people use a tracker is six months,I've read.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone 2...I've had a jawbone for 2 years now...

Customer service is great
    UA product and syncs with mapmyXXXXX and MFP
    tracks sleep
    tracks steps
    tracks exercise
    water resistant
    silent alarm with smart window meaning it wakes me up with a buzz on my wrist while I am in light sleep if it is within 10 mins of my alarm
    Activity alarm...so if I have been inactive for X minutes it buzzes (mine is set to 15mins)
    sleep tracking is automatic and if you get the 3 it tracks REM sleep and hrm I think...
    the 4 has a HRM and i think it has American express Quick pay

I like it as it looks like jewellery...as I said I've used it for 2 years..love it.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    gojaqs wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my Apple Watch. It's finally waterproof. I just use my phone for step tracking, so I'll probably switch to the watch.

I use my phone too, but if you walk off and leave it at your desk, it doesn't track anything! My problem is I don't like the look of many of the devices. I may end up with a model I can clip on (my pajamas!) or carry in my pocket.
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I grabbed a note 7 at launch, came with the Samsung fit watch. No longer have the note, but they let me keep the watch. I enjoy it for what it is, but it's not very accurate. My wife and one of her friends have since bought it since we all have Samsung phones, we use the Samsung health app to keep each other motivated since we can all see each others steps. It's more convenient than a phone because you generally have the watch on at all times, I leave my phone charging/playing music on my desk a lot at work and get up to walk without the phone, so I was losing out on a few thousand steps a day.
  • Gotrek1
    Gotrek1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Xiaomi Band for me, too bad MFP doesn't work with it. It's cheap, works well and the battery lasts for months without a charge.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just received the Xiaomi Mi Band 2

It is a low budget alternative to the better known fitness tracking wearables with most of the features.

It may never get direct integration with MFP but an easy workaround is to link the Mi Band with Google fit which you can link to MFP. Personally I just manually log my cardio workouts and use the Mi Band as a daily activity tracker.

I like the inactivity alarm which causes the device to vibrate if you are inactive for an hour. I will do five minutes of light calisthenics type of cardio exercise each time it goes off. You can set a range of time as Do Not Disturb so the device doesn't interrupt your sleep.

For anyone attempting to transition from a sedentary lifestyle, a tracker can be helpful just by bringing "move more" thoughts to the forefront.

ENJOY
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Anyone using a UA Band?

I have a Moov, and I really liked it, but it started disconnecting during runs a lot, plus it does not sync with MFP directly. I got a full Endomondo subscription, and I like all of the stats and auto syncing with MFP. Thinking the UA Band and UA Record may be a better option.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    U2R2 wrote: »
    For anyone attempting to transition from a sedentary lifestyle, a tracker can be helpful just by bringing "move more" thoughts to the forefront.
    ENJOY
    THIS!!

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    U2R2 wrote: »
    ENJOY
    THIS!!

or if you are semi active like I was it's a good motivator when you are "tired" or "it's cold" etc...
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Withings Activite. I originally got a Garmin Vivomove but it wouldn't connect to my smartphone. I didn't want that fitness tracker look to my fitness tracker and these two look like analog watches. The app is nice and you can connect it with mfp to view your calories on the apps dashboard. It doesn't subtract calories from your daily activity on mfp (not that I wanted that feature and would have disabled it if it did).

I've got the Activite watch for the exact same reason. And I'm impressed with the battery life too.

Feel free to add me as a friend on the app - http://within.gs/p/cY0T5