Zumba...?

Options
How many calories do you actually burn during an hour session...and how do you log it on here????

Replies

• afoster4
    Options
    How many calories do you actually burn during an hour session...and how do you log it on here????
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'd get a heart rate monitor, they work wonders! I found out that I was burning 50 calories less than what the machine said and what MFP said
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Log it under "Aerobics".

The Heart Rate Monitor is the best way to get an accurate reading of calories burned. Research the Polar ones, and get one with a chest strap. The best bang for your buck is the Polar F6, my opiinion.

Depending on your level of exersion and time, it varies. I burn about 500-700 in an hour. I am at my maintennce weight. ZUMBA has 20 minute sessions on their DVD series, so yu can fit in a good workout that is FUN in a short period of time at home. Kids love to dance along, too.

HTH, cmr.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I used to be a dancer and I cannot keep up with the Zumba dvd sets in my current condition....although fun I just shake my booty when I cant keep up with a move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zumba is sexy too, but my hips are killing me for 2 days after a 20 min workout!

I feel like the tin man needing oil!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I used to be a dancer and I cannot keep up with the Zumba dvd sets in my current condition....although fun I just shake my booty when I cant keep up with a move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zumba is sexy too, but my hips are killing me for 2 days after a 20 min workout!

I feel like the tin man needing oil!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: me too when I have been lazy! It takes some time to get the moves down. It wouldn't be nearly as fun if you could just "do" them all on the first try! The ZUMBA girls do it for a living. Half the time, I can't even watch myself, and I'm only able to do the steps, but getting the shoulders and arms moving the way they do will take a bit of practice! It looks beautiful the way the ZUMBA girls do it on the DVDs. :glasses: