21 Day Fix without the meal plan

Options
venuila
venuila Posts: 190 Member
Hi everyone,
Has anyone done the 21 day fix without following the meal plan? Wondering what the results were like. I am just doing the videos right now and sticking to a 1200 calorie/day diet but not following the suggested meal plan.

Replies

• amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started the 21 day fix last week without following the meal plan as well. I was also wondering what type of results people have just doing that.
    I didnt exercise over the weekend, but i did two work outs today to try and keep up.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Um...you guys...

I don't think that you can really call this doing the 21 Day Fix because you're not actually following the program. You're basically asking if dieting and exercising produces results...because that's what you're doing. OP, you're eating 1200 calories a day (surely a deficit) and working out on top of that.

Great news! Eating at a deficit and exercising does produce results! B) I lost weight and got fitter that way. Keep up the good work.

Side note second poster, you don't have to work out every day. In fact, taking a rest day is good for you. ;)738.gif
  • venuila
    Options
    Nice Amanda. :) Let me know what kind of results you get.

Thanks for the reply Danielle. I'm not a newb to exercise or dieting, I'm well aware I will lose weight doing what I am doing. I am more interested in what people's results are using the 21 day fix videos *without* following the meal plan compared to those that do it properly (with the meal plan suggested). :)

Heck I may even end up doing it both ways and see how different my results are between the two. Just thought I would see what others results have been like doing what I am doing at the moment, cause I'm curious like that. ;)

• astchick
    astchick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im doing the plan. Ive tried so many before. I actually find its easier than most. If you just ordered the videos etc check out the website for recipes and meal planning.
  • neonbon
    neonbon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just finished day eight of the 21 day fix workout only! Eating Keto clean and intermittent fasting a couple days a week! Staying under 1200 calories per day and I am seeing great results so far! I'm already down about 4 pounds after being stuck for a while and my body is getting more muscle definition. I love the workouts so much I find myself wanting to do more than one in a day! Feel free to add me!
  • venuila
    Options
    astchick wrote: »
    Im doing the plan. Ive tried so many before. I actually find its easier than most. If you just ordered the videos etc check out the website for recipes and meal planning.

I am loving it too. Ive done the 30 day shred before but actually enjoy these more, and seem to be getting better results as well.

neonbon wrote: »
    I just finished day eight of the 21 day fix workout only! Eating Keto clean and intermittent fasting a couple days a week! Staying under 1200 calories per day and I am seeing great results so far! I'm already down about 4 pounds after being stuck for a while and my body is getting more muscle definition. I love the workouts so much I find myself wanting to do more than one in a day! Feel free to add me!

Great job!! I just finished day 12 and am down 6 lbs now. I'm trying to eat more of the foods on the meal plan and watch my portions but mostly just sticking to my own 1200 calorie diet as well. :)
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day 23 for me....not doing the meal plan. Actually gained weight but I think its muscle weight. I am feeling fantastic on the inside. I don't see any outside changes which is really a bummer. I lost a whole inch around my midsection as of day 21.
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really wish MFP would add beach body workouts to their exercise tracking. Does anyone know who to contact for this????
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Not doing the meal plan as you know o:) eating between 1500-2000 cals. Depends how active I am for the day and my abnormal cycles.. Somewhere between my second or third week of the 21 Day Fix. I saw a nice line down the middle of my abs yesterday and today. Obliques are super obvious and visible now. Better than the before and after I posted in the group the other week.

As for exercise tracking, highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor. Polar makes both inexpensive and expensive ones :-) No more wondering. It would be hard for MFP to add Beachbody when everyone burns different amounts. Too many things to consider. It wouldn't be very accurate. A HRM would be the closest thing to accuracy.
  • venuila
    Options
    Just an update if anyone is curious I completed round 1 and lost 11 lbs and 10 inches!

That's great @dixiewhiskey ! It's always nice to see the changes you work hard for :) I remembered to take before and after pics this time so will be nice to compare those this time around.
  • Galyndrial
    Galyndrial Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @venuila So you were able to lose weight and inches following the 21 day workouts and not following the meal plan?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Not clear what you mean by not following the meal plan? If you're eating the same calories using a different menu, it won't make any difference. If you're not tracking food intake at all, it's likely that weight loss results could suffer because most people would prob eat too much.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've done it with and without the plan. I think the meal plan is great for people who have no concept of normal portion sizes, macros., or clean whole foods versus box, processed junk. It's nutrition 101. That being said if you know all of that then weighing your food, logging it, and sticking to macros will get you a far more accurate result and I prefer the flexibility I get with creating recipes and not knowing exactly what colors to count it as because even Autumn will admit it's not a precise science. The workouts are good. I really love them and the variety but like everything they are only as good as the effort you put in. Push yourself to move past modifiers and get to advanced by the end and you will see results. I have since moved past it though. It was more for fitness beginners. I am doing Chalean Extreme now and going more focused on building muscle and increasing my metabolism. It's not rapid weight loss but I have had rapid inches lost. Again, I don't follow the meal plan precisely though as I am committed to macros and calories.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    kikkipoo wrote: »
    I've done it with and without the plan. I think the meal plan is great for people who have no concept of normal portion sizes, macros., or clean whole foods versus box, processed junk. It's nutrition 101. That being said if you know all of that then weighing your food, logging it, and sticking to macros will get you a far more accurate result and I prefer the flexibility I get with creating recipes and not knowing exactly what colors to count it as because even Autumn will admit it's not a precise science. The workouts are good. I really love them and the variety but like everything they are only as good as the effort you put in. Push yourself to move past modifiers and get to advanced by the end and you will see results. I have since moved past it though. It was more for fitness beginners. I am doing Chalean Extreme now and going more focused on building muscle and increasing my metabolism. It's not rapid weight loss but I have had rapid inches lost. Again, I don't follow the meal plan precisely though as I am committed to macros and calories.

You can't increase your metabolism...................
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I really wish MFP would add beach body workouts to their exercise tracking. Does anyone know who to contact for this????

Calorie burns for workouts are total guesstimates anyway. Giving a branded name to Pliates, yoga, aerobics, etc won't make the calorie burns any more accurate.
    Day 23 for me....not doing the meal plan. Actually gained weight but I think its muscle weight. I am feeling fantastic on the inside. I don't see any outside changes which is really a bummer. I lost a whole inch around my midsection as of day 21.

If you are eating at a calorie deficit you aren't gaining any appreciable amount of lean muscle. The weight gain is likely water weight. Sore muscles hang onto water for repair. This is just temporary.

Here's a link to the 21 Day Fix group....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers