What should be my daily intake calorie

Options
Hi,
I am Papon, I work from home (Freelance Web Designer), so basically I don't have to go out side from home without grocery shopping or banking. I stay at my home most of the time. (5/6 days in a week). Sitting on my work desk or lying on my bed with my computer. And do my work on and on...... In this circumstance how much calorie should I take. My height is 5.8 feet, age 29 Male and current weight is 220lbs....I am trying to eat less than 1500cals for last 47 days...and lost almost 22lbs....Am I going right or I should eat less than that ? Thanks

Replies

• chetanamys
    chetanamys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you working out also?
  • bgorman65
    bgorman65 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor - he or she will be able to give you an intake appropriate to your current weight or activity level. Another way to determine your best calorie intake is to use tools available on this website or elsewhere on the Internet, to determine your BMI and then your BMR. You should not go below your BMR - that can cause your metabolism to slow down, somewhat permanently. 22 pounds in 47 days is over three pounds a week - sounds terrific but you may be losing too fast - again, talk to your doctor, or a nutritionist or Registered Dietician to get an appropriate daily caloric intake, which of course will reduce as you do - I reset mine every 20 pounds lost, but I'm 300 pounds so I can get by with that, you may need to reset every 10 pounds. Again, TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL!
  • ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ^ what bgorman65 said^ Very good advice.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    OP not sure why you are striving to be under 1500 calories a day.. Eating below this can be harmful if you do it for a longer period of time.. Please choose a less aggressive defcit and if you are not now, it might be important later on in your weight loss to use food scale if you are not already

No need to overthink this.. Just run your stats in MFP and it will automatically give you the number of calories to eat each day to lose weight. Change your weight in MFP at every 10 pounds you lose. Do not try to beat or under eat the calorie goal MFP gives you to lose weight.. MFP has take the guess work out of the process for you..

Since you are sedentary and do not exercise right now, if you plan to change these, then you would simply add exercise cals on top of your daily intake to meet NET calorie goal.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    22 lbs. in 47 days is a lot. There's certainly no need to lose faster, and many would say that's too fast. Are you feeling well at 1500 calories? May I suggest that, even you work from the couch or bed and really grind the hours out every week doing purely gray-matter work, that you would still be doing your health and sense of well-being a huge favor if you found time in your schedule for some regular exercise? Your heart and lungs will thank you. It may even recharge your brain and improve your sleep.
  • mmtpapon
    mmtpapon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    chetanamys wrote: »
    Are you working out also?

Not really....
  • mmtpapon
    Options
    22 lbs. in 47 days is a lot. There's certainly no need to lose faster, and many would say that's too fast. Are you feeling well at 1500 calories? May I suggest that, even you work from the couch or bed and really grind the hours out every week doing purely gray-matter work, that you would still be doing your health and sense of well-being a huge favor if you found time in your schedule for some regular exercise? Your heart and lungs will thank you. It may even recharge your brain and improve your sleep.

Thanks Wendy....I will try to start asap...Thanks for your advice friend.
  • mmtpapon
    Options
    bgorman65 wrote: »
    Talk to your doctor - he or she will be able to give you an intake appropriate to your current weight or activity level. Another way to determine your best calorie intake is to use tools available on this website or elsewhere on the Internet, to determine your BMI and then your BMR. You should not go below your BMR - that can cause your metabolism to slow down, somewhat permanently. 22 pounds in 47 days is over three pounds a week - sounds terrific but you may be losing too fast - again, talk to your doctor, or a nutritionist or Registered Dietician to get an appropriate daily caloric intake, which of course will reduce as you do - I reset mine every 20 pounds lost, but I'm 300 pounds so I can get by with that, you may need to reset every 10 pounds. Again, TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL!

I will...Thanks for your great advice mate. Thanks