New breakfast ideas.

Options
delboy604
delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
Tried something new this morning. In stead of have my banana separate from eggs on toast. I mashed my banana on toast then the scrambled egg on top. Not greatest idea. !?!?!

Replies

• delboy604
    Options
    It really was not good at all. Not one to be tried lol. I like the idea of 2\3 egg whites and one full egg. I normally do 2 scrambled and one bacon. !! Thanks for the few ideas. 8). Ps stay away from eggs n banana on toast lol
  • delboy604
    Options
    Thank you
  • CharEll2016
    CharEll2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what's overnight oatmeal?
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised people leave oatmeal overnight when it literally takes 5 minutes to make oatmeal!

Oatmeal with honey and ground linseeds is my favourite, or with blueberry and bananas instead. Amazingly low calorie, but with so much fiber I have so much energy that I don't need snacks until lunch time!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of Pizza Hut meat lovers pizza with peanut butter on it, for breakfast. Definitely a "must try" :wink:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    There are two versions of over night oats and one involves steel cut oat which take 20-25 minutes to cook, so if you can have it ready in the morning ready to heat up then it saves time. Also the other reason for overnight oats is that some people want it in the warmer months and don't want a hot meal.
    janekana wrote: »
    I'm surprised people leave oatmeal overnight when it literally takes 5 minutes to make oatmeal!

Oatmeal with honey and ground linseeds is my favourite, or with blueberry and bananas instead. Amazingly low calorie, but with so much fiber I have so much energy that I don't need snacks until lunch time!

There are two versions of over night oats and one involves steel cut oat which take 20-25 minutes to cook, so if you can have it ready in the morning ready to heat up then it saves time. Also the other reason for overnight oats is that some people want it in the warmer months and don't want a hot meal.
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I normally have, Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries & frozen raspberries with just a little granola sprinkled on top for crunch. if you mix it all up and wait a couple of minutes the frozen fruit softens enough to eat whilst at the same time it freezes the yoghurt a little
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    delboy604 wrote: »
    Tried something new this morning. In stead of have my banana separate from eggs on toast. I mashed my banana on toast then the scrambled egg on top. Not greatest idea. !?!?!

<Shudder!> Swap the banana for smoked salmon and that would be heavenly.

Here's an alternative to your experiment to take individually nice ingredients and combine into something nasty....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fool's_Gold_Loaf

"The sandwich consists of a single warmed, hollowed-out loaf of bread filled with the contents of one jar of creamy peanut butter and one jar of grape jelly and a pound of bacon. "

c. 8000 calories so you might want to share!
  • brendasalso
    brendasalso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    delboy604 wrote: »

Banana french toast? http://www.foodblogs.com/skinnytaste/2011/04/20/bananas-fosters-topped-overnight-french-toast

I like (grainy) waffles smeared with peanut butter, or you could top it with cottage cheese & fruit.

I love oatmeal (not overnight though). I make it with milk (protein) and add chopped nuts and brown sugar w/ cinnamon. Banana oatmeal would be good.

I Have what may seem like a stupid question. As I'm a virgin to all of this. Trying to get my husband's diabetes under control and for both of us to lose weight. I see that you put Brown Sugar in your Oatmeal. I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. Is Brown Sugar less carbs than Regular sugar?
    Thank you
    Brenda

Breakfast cookie? http://www.skinnytaste.com/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast/

My quick go to is a Greek yogurt "parfait." Greek yogurt, high fiber cereal, berries & nuts.

• brendasalso
    brendasalso Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I Have what may seem like a stupid question. As I'm a virgin to all of this. Trying to get my husband's diabetes under control and for both of us to lose weight. I see that you put Brown Sugar in your Oatmeal. I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. Is Brown Sugar less carbs than Regular sugar?
    Thank you
    Brenda
  • janayelynn333
    janayelynn333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a multigrain lite English muffin (100 calories), with one wedge of Asiago laughing cow cheese(30 calories) spread on, and top with half an avacado or one egg(switch up so not to get bored)
  • NASAbound
    NASAbound Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make a savoury breakfast casserole on Sundays and it lasts me the whole week.
    2 cups egg whites
    1 cup greek yogurt or cottage cheese
    300 - 500 grams of spinach (I usually buy it frozen and let it thaw the night before)
    ~ 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used 1 cup dry with 2 cups of water)
    Spices to taste (I usually use a touch of salt and some garlic)

Mix it all up, pour into a baking pan and cook at 350 for about 40 minutes.
    I get 8 nice-sized slices out of it that are about 120 calories each with 13 g protein.

I usually top each piece with 20g of almonds for a bit of a crunch.
    It's super easy and lasts in the fridge well.

Is Brown Sugar less carbs than Regular sugar?
    Thank you
    Brenda

Hi Brenda, I thought I'd chime in on your question because this was something I was curious about a little while ago as well. Brown sugar is simply white sugar with added molasses. The molasses adds a few nutrients, but they are so few that there really is very little difference between the two. And the carb count is the same.

There are some low calorie and low carb syrups on the market, and they do taste okay, but they're pretty full of heavily-processed ingredients.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My go to breakfast is chicken breast, egg whites, and mushrooms covered with salsa.
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat pancakes! They're so yummy. And the protein in them is higher than regular pancake mix.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes. I made these yesterday for the first time. Butter & sugar makes everything taste good. On the positive side these are only 4 ingredients & almost 30 grams of protein.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/vegan-protein-pancakes-four-ingredients-low-fat/
    a4ezq8txe2bw.jpg
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A small flour tortilla with one scrambled egg one slice of turkey bacon and one slice of American cheese

A whole grain waffle with a tsp of maple syrup, one slice turkey bacon, tbsp of pb and banana

3oz of browned southern style hashbrowns with one egg and turkey ham

yogurt with .25 cups of honey nut cheerios and .25 cups of nut seed mix
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    A little ground turkey scrambled into eggs makes things nice and filling.
    Avocado on toast with egg on top is way better than banana! :D
    I just picked up the power cakes mix and a 1/2 cup waffle or pancake made with water is under 200 cals and can be dressed up with whatever else your macros desire.