Wedding is in less than 2 weeks..help!

Options

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Girl, get you a body shaper and call it a day. LMBO. Enjoy your wedding, hun.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    also if you ramp up your exercise you will probably retain more water to repair the muscle so that means even if you go low carb for those 2 weeks you may not lose much water weight. I agree with those who said get shapewear.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Get some spanx and call it a day. Drink some water and make sure you get plenty of rest, not for weight loss but to help make sure your skin looks as good as it can on the wedding day.
  • honeybee690
    honeybee690 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make sure about 3 days prior to drink lots of green tea and lemon infused water. This will get rid of any bloat and flush out the toxins, you'll shed the water weight. That being said, cut down on sodium and starchy food as well. Coffee is a good idea if you don't overload it with milk and sugar. Drink at least 2 cups of cold water in the mornings for the days leading up to the wedding, it really helps boost metabolism :) good luck!
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a miserable way to spend the days leading up to your wedding. Abort mission.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My diet recommendation is this:
    Have the church you're getting married at refuse to finalize plans until 2 days before the wedding.
    Be so terrified that things won't work out that you discover you've lost 5 lbs in a week.
    And then enjoy the wedding even if your dress is now slightly too big (more room for all that wedding food).

That's how it worked for me I guess :s I'm still mad at the people at the church. You'd think they'd know how to do their jobs.

Sorry I know that's probably not helpful. I honestly think it would be best to just go get a last minute dress adjustment and simply enjoy the time :) You're the only one who will notice the 5 lb difference, and you might end up sweating off that much on the day of the wedding (those dresses can get hot). Try to have fun! The dress will cover all of that anyway, and you will be the most beautiful person at the whole wedding. Trust me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Make sure about 3 days prior to drink lots of green tea and lemon infused water. This will get rid of any bloat and flush out the toxins, you'll shed the water weight. That being said, cut down on sodium and starchy food as well. Coffee is a good idea if you don't overload it with milk and sugar. Drink at least 2 cups of cold water in the mornings for the days leading up to the wedding, it really helps boost metabolism :) good luck!

What toxins will the green tea and lemon water rid the body of?

OP, as others have said, there really isn't much to do. Spanx will help. Low carb/sodium may too.
    daniip_la wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.

Which could lead to fatigue, dizziness, and even a possibility of fainting during the ceremony.

2 weeks will not do that. Long term starvation does that, as in years.

Yeah, I passed out at my cousin's wedding from not eating all day (granted it was also the middle of July and I don't think the church had air conditioning). That wasn't fun.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.

Which could lead to fatigue, dizziness, and even a possibility of fainting during the ceremony.

you don't think that severly undereating for even a day or two (let alone a week and a half) could lead to diziness and fatigue??

No, I don't. Bodies are extremely adpatable, especially if you're obese or overweight. To me, undereating for a day or two is not a big deal. Now if you said severely undereating for 3-4 weeks, I'd say yes. Weight loss surgeons have people on 800 calorie diets for MONTHS, if you have the proper amount of vitamins, you're good.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

you don't think that severly undereating for even a day or two (let alone a week and a half) could lead to diziness and fatigue??

No, I don't. Bodies are extremely adpatable, especially if you're obese or overweight. To me, undereating for a day or two is not a big deal. Now if you said severely undereating for 3-4 weeks, I'd say yes. Weight loss surgeons have people on 800 calorie diets for MONTHS, if you have the proper amount of vitamins, you're good.

On days I get really busy, usually what alerts me to the fact I skipped lunch is that I get weak and lightheaded. While I don't think undereating for a day or two will cause permanent damage, it can for sure have temporary effects that would make preparing for your own wedding miserable.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Your exercise regimen on the week before you wedding (6 days at the gym) sounds a bit excessive unless you've been doing that for awhile and that's your normal routine. That much exercise needs fuel. SO, if you're going to work out that much you'll need to eat OR you could do a moderate deficit along with light/moderate exercise. You don't want to feel weak and fatigued on your big day!

Personally, I know if I'm really strict with diet (lots of protein, and still eating at a slight deficit), drinking plenty of water, and moderate exercise I can drop several pounds in a week. It's not impossible or unhealthy unless you're looking at that large of a weight loss every week long term.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

lemon infused water tastes good but thats about it,it doesnt flush out any toxins and cold water doesnt boost metabolism,if it does its not enough to make a difference in anything because it will be so miniscule of a boost
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What toxins? List the actual toxins that the liver and kidneys aren't able to eliminate.
    So, you're telling OP to load up caffeine before her wedding?
    Green tea is just...tea. There is nothing special about it.
    Lemon water is just flavoured water.
    Water does not boost the metabolism.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

For 2 weeks.

On days I get really busy, usually what alerts me to the fact I skipped lunch is that I get weak and lightheaded. While I don't think undereating for a day or two will cause permanent damage, it can for sure have temporary effects that would make preparing for your own wedding miserable.

Weird, when I'm too busy to eat I don't feel anything other than normal, but then again I'm in the overweight range and I don't exercise anymore. Maybe it depends on how much body fat you have? IDK.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

Weird, when I'm too busy to eat I don't feel anything other than normal, but then again I'm in the overweight range and I don't exercise anymore. Maybe it depends on how much body fat you have? IDK.

It does. That's why weight loss surgery patients can sustain such low deficits, which would never fly for someone with a much lower body fat %.

Trust me, from tragic personal experience, a person who is not obese can get very light headed and faint after only a day or two of eating very little.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I thought lemon was at least a natural diuretic...it's something at least.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

It does. That's why weight loss surgery patients can sustain such low deficits, which would never fly for someone with a much lower body fat %.

Trust me, from tragic personal experience, a person who is not obese can get very light headed and faint after only a day or two of eating very little.

This.
    I can get dizzy and ill in just half a day of missing out on food.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tried that too but on the day u honestly dont care
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

One of our friends fainted at the aformentioned orange wedding, and she wasn't a normal weight (then) I think food is a part of it.

Part of it is just the weird structure of weddings, people don't drink enough because they don't want to constantly be in the loo, lots of standing around abnormally still so your blood pools in your feet, it's quite often hot. Add a bit of alcohol and I'm amazed more people don't drop.

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Really, it is not possible, and you may make yourself ill, at the very least dizzy from lack of food. Too much exercise could make you sore. Don't stress yourself out over 5 pounds.
    Eat healthy for the 10 days. Relax and have a wonderful day!
    You will be beautiful.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Isn't this kind of scenario the exact reason that Spanx were invented?