Progress pic & question

Options
ItzShoTime
ItzShoTime Posts: 50 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
This pic is the same outfit from February 2016 to October 2016. There is a 30lb difference. Looks like more fat was lost. Could it be because I workout daily and I gained muscle?v0bw1tq2qrsy.png

Replies

• fatkid1110
    fatkid1110 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress B)
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • ItzShoTime
    Options
    Thank you
  • allie644
    allie644 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • ItzShoTime
    Options
    How can I get the scale to go down more? I eat my allotted calories 1400 and I exercise 5 days a week doing mostly cardio and some strength
  • ItzShoTime
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I might add that using my fit bit I make sure to burn at least 500 calories or more during workouts and I do not eat back those calories. What gives? I need the scale to move!
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I assume, at 1400 calories, you're aiming for approximately a pound a week, which it seems like you're hitting. That is great progress! You look fabulous!
  • ItzShoTime
    Options
    shawnele wrote: »
    I assume, at 1400 calories, you're aiming for approximately a pound a week, which it seems like you're hitting. That is great progress! You look fabulous!

Yes it seems to be the average. Would I need to consume less like around 1200 to get a 2lb per week loss?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You would need to drop an additional 500 calories per day to lose an additional pound per week. That would put you at 900 calories per day which I do not recommend.
  • ItzShoTime
    Options
    I just get so impatient with the numbers I'm sure I'm not alone on that! Lol
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You don't want to lose it TOO fast, either, because a lot of times, it's easier to put that weight back on. Slow and steady wins the course. Everytime. Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome and it shows!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think it's great you're making progress! Thats a step in the right direction! What i would say, however, is that we can safely expect to lose 1% of our total body weight per week and at your current size you should be able to lose much much more than you have been.

Based on the calorie goal you listed of 1,400 I would assume that there are some inaccuracies in your logging. I would re-evaluate, purchase a food scale, and become more strict with my logging.

<3

P.S. this is not to say that you aren't making progress. You should be proud of what you've accomplished.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing difference in the photo.. Just keep doing what you are doing. It is obviously working and don't worry about what the scale says. Don't starve yourself to get there. I agree with you.. you might be gaining some muscle ..which you want! bottom line is you look way smaller and are doing a fantastic job. What a difference!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    There is less leeway as you get smaller. At first portion control and measuring by volume can work. But weighing with a kitchen scale helps with accuracy. You could try that. Personally, I wouldn't drop down from 1400 to 1200 if I were you. One pound a week on average is super. Think about the big picture. You've lost 30 pounds so you should be proud of your progress so far.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    PS I love how your posture has changed. You are standing tall.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress on the 30lbs so far.
    One of the first things that stuck out to me was the different poses in your pictures.

Totally disregard this if you're already doing it but....
    I'm a huge advocate of progress pictures, they help us see the change that we can't see day to day. With that being said taking them under the same conditions (or as close as possible), is how you can get the most out of them. Ideally with the same lighting, same pose, same outfit etc.
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! I bet the majority of your weight loss was fat not lean mass which is awesome! 30 pounds of fat is a lot of volume.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Losing 30 pounds in 6 months is honestly pretty good. I think our culture and media skew what is a reasonable expectation for weightloss so that people who are doing a really good job end up thinking they are failing somehow. You aren't failing, this is how you do it....just stick with it (which you should be able to do) and you will get there.

As for putting on muscle explaining why you haven't lost weight I'm afraid that is very very unlikely. In absolutely optimum conditions a woman can put on maybe like 5 pounds of muscle in a year...that is eating above maintenance and lifting heavy training hard. If you are in a calorie deficit and doing "some" strength training that isn't happening. If anything its more likely you've lost a little muscle which happens with weight loss.
  • ItzShoTime
    Options
    I think there might be some inaccuracies in my food logging. I will definitely be looking into getting a scale! Also I've been retaining water so I probably also have to cut back on the sodium.