New at this!!!!

Options
Zug333
Zug333 Posts: 4 Member
Morning!!!! Today is day 1 of counting the calories. Seems it will be a learning curve. Been going to the gym for a little over a month now about 6-7 days a week lifting weights. Having seen any muscle definition yet but I'm blaming that on my diet (or lack there of). I'm currently at 180lbs and looking at getting around 165lbs but at the same time definine my muscles. This app is saying to eat 2000 calories a day. Is that right for what I'm trying to obtain? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have been avoiding high sugar foods and all fast foods (god I miss arbys beef and Cheddars!!!).

Replies

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We need more information about you, like your height and general level of activity, to know whether 2000 is plausible. Lots of people here use the daily calorie counter, though, and it seems to work most of the time. If you keep using it and don't get results within a month, I'd guess you may not be counting your calories very accurately--most of us don't! You could try tightening up your counting by weighing food and so on, or you could just try the quick-and-dirty technique of lowering your daily calories by a couple of hundred and see what happens in a week. Also, bear in mind that shaving off the calories is slow when you're as close to your ideal weight as you are. Still, if you really count your calories and stick to your budget every day, I'll be surprised if you don't see a good loss pretty soon. Young, active guys like you can lose incredibly fast.
  • Zug333
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the input!!!
    5'7 180lbs 33yrs old
    Spend about 45 min at the gym lifting. Rotate which body part I'm working everyday on a regular schedule. Im also counting my steps which are between 7,000 and 9,000 a day. My main focus is to lose the body fat (love handles, belly, ect....) But to also define my muscles.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    An Arby's Beef and Cheddar is only 450 calories (green check verified in MFP) - you can totally fit that in to your meal plan and still lose fat. Justa sayin'!!!
  • Zug333
    Options
    You are my new favorite person for telling me this lol!!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hah! Just remember to track it and stay in that deficit! The Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger is my go to. Enjoy the process and don't deny yourself the things you want. Sometimes I have to wait a day or two to fit something into my plan, but it's worth it!