Fabulous in my 40s! Friends wanted!

Options
micayla75
micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am 41 and ready to meet my nutrition and fitness goals!

I would love some new friends on the app, especially those who share their diary. In the past, I have always kept mine private, but after looking at some others I see the benefit of sharing this information and learning from others. I'm always looking for simple and quick meals!

I want my feed filled, so feel free to send me a FR. :)

Replies

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • micayla75
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 as well and feel better now than ever! There are times I forget my age and have to remind myself I'm an adult.
  • micayla75
    Options
    Ha! Same here. I think being a high school teacher keeps me young at heart!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Domino_75 wrote: »
    There are times I forget my age and have to remind myself I'm an adult.
    I constantly have to remind myself that eating like my teenagers is what caused my weight gain and a diabetes diagnosis. "Eat like a grown up" and "eat the food that's already paid for" are my mantras. I need to remember to eat less French fries and more veggies and salads, but also to prepare a lunch that fits into my diet. If I splurge on fast food, I end up juggling the rest of the day to offset...

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Always looking for active motivated friends. Feel free to add me.
  • micayla75
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    Domino_75 wrote: »
    There are times I forget my age and have to remind myself I'm an adult.
    I constantly have to remind myself that eating like my teenagers is what caused my weight gain and a diabetes diagnosis. "Eat like a grown up" and "eat the food that's already paid for" are my mantras. I need to remember to eat less French fries and more veggies and salads, but also to prepare a lunch that fits into my diet. If I splurge on fast food, I end up juggling the rest of the day to offset...

Yes! This is exactly how I am. While I don't have diabetes, I definitely swerve my way into the drive-thru when I have good and already paid for food at home. It is an unnecessary expense in both calories and money!
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am always looking for accountability and encouraging people!