Help

Options
how to find motivation to exercise????

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Find an activity you enjoy. That is pretty much it.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasions i get in to going to the gym i can only do it with my headphones on and dramatic film score style music blasting in my ears. i tend to listen to music when walking too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO1jKOzs9oY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfTuvH8j8mo
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Music is a must!
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    GET HULU! I watch 1 show every morning, and obviously it has to be a show that you like. I look FORWARD to my gym sessions in the morning because i get to watch another episode of my show!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

This^

Keep trying new things.

There are people who can force themselves to do something they don't necessarily like (I'm not one of them). I used to have a dreadmill......I listened to music, watched TV shows, etc. But I still hated it. That only lasted until I lost weight. The problem was exercise could have helped me keep the weight off ....but I quit.

To find something lasting - keep trying new things until you find you actually like, instead of something temporary.
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

This^

Keep trying new things.

There are people who can force themselves to do something they don't necessarily like (I'm not one of them). I used to have a dreadmill......I listened to music, watched TV shows, etc. But I still hated it. That only lasted until I lost weight. The problem was exercise could have helped me keep the weight off ....but I quit.

To find something lasting - keep trying new things until you find you actually like, instead of something temporary.

I agree with this.
    I sometimes get sick of my tv shows. But i LOVE cardio. So i dont hate going to the gym everymorning.
    Couldnt of said it better myself!
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Wii? They have Sports and you can burn a lot of calories kayaking, bowling, baseball, etc.

If you like dancing, check out YouTube. They have a lot of videos for dancing. You don't have to be good at it. Do it when nobody is home so they won't make fun of your efforts.

You can also check out YouTube for exercise videos.

You might check out the "Challenges" message board here on MFP. One of their current challenges is to walk a total of 24 hours in October. Then they post their progress on the message board.

Do you have a swimming pool close to you? Many indoor pools have water aerobics. Or, you can water walk or swim laps. I lost a lot of inches in my hips, thighs, and stomach when I swam laps. (And that was exactly where I needed to lose inches the most!)

Good luck. Exercising is a great boost to losing weight. You can commit to 10 minutes a day to start with, and go from there.