Looking for friends/accountability buddies

Options
LAMCDylan
LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
Hi everyone,

I've been on this weight loss journey since Dec 2014. I started at 385 lbs and now I am at 270. My lightest was 260. I've been stuck for awhile. Picked up some bad habits too. My schedule has not been consistent, been more stressed than usual, dealing with shame from the past, among other things, as the reason I have been slipping. Anyway, I am looking for people who want to commit to being more active and eating healthier. I want to get back into the routine of things. I understand this process well just need to restart and recommit. If you are looking for a buddy, I am your guy. I will be starting P90 on Monday, the 17th. And I am going to be tracking my food really accurate for now on. Hit me up!

Replies

• mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hello Dylan! Glad you decided to get back on the wagon, there's always enough space for everyone up here :smiley:
    You already accomplished a lot by losing that much weight, wow!
    I sent you a friendship request, right now I'm in a really light fitness activity routine but from time to time I like to get a bit out of my comfort zone and try something new, maybe you can suggest me something :smiley:
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I like doing those Beachbody programs like P90x, Body Beast, 22 Minute Hard Corps, etc. I can do it at home and on my schedule too. Right now time and space is a big issue for me. I can't do hour long workouts. And I don't have the exercise space for P90x. I was doing Body Beast but it is entirely weight lifting. It's good, but I feel like I need more cardio. In my experience a mixture of cardio and weight training is best.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the P90X vid, P90X3 was favorite, but if you looking for more cardio, you try the insanity yet? It hard on the knees, at least mine, but man it will get heart pumping. I always did mine in the morning and heavy weight in the afternoon after work.
  • Amclean93
    Amclean93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds good man ! I always like starting things on a Monday too, there's just something about it. But I would encourage you to start doing something over the weekend, because it's too easy to keep putting things off instead of doing them now. Maybe even go for a jog, or a long walk and try not to over indulge too much. I've done that before, saying I'm getting back into my routine on monday, so I don't train and eat take away for a couple days leading up to it haha...and it ends up just setting you back a little bit more. I don't know maybe you are a stronger person than I am and you can resist those urges. Just something to think about. Well best of luck for starting p90 on monday, I've never done it before but I'm sure you'll smash it.
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    any one is free to add me I log in every day (600 plus streak) log everything i eat .. .. info about me is on my profile
  • Ginslim
    Ginslim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome weight loss so far! Feel free to add me, we can support each other!!
  • Roylette
    Roylette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X Monday, I log EVERYTHING, please add me.
  • Kitaine
    Kitaine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started P90x on Sunday Oct16. How are you doing with it? I'm doing good, still working on getting some things like the pull up bar, yoga blocks, more weights and some protein shake. I'm doing a different diet from p90x plan though...I like the realistic approach that iifym gives you better than the p90x plan.
  • Kitaine
    Kitaine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You all can feel free to add me too...
  • ann_imani
    ann_imani Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great pleas add me too