A new group for those in recovery from eating disorders!

Options
buxomvegan
buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
Hi there! I just started a new support group for those in recovery and/or battling an eating disorder! All are welcome! Please feel free to share if you know anyone battling ED. We need to come together and support and inspire eachother! Together we can't lose.

Here's the link!
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/116605-in-recovery-from-ed

Replies

• fitbisi
    fitbisi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is your eating disorder? I know my only problem is when I get stressed, I start eating aimlessly
  • buxomvegan
    Options
    I am currently in recovery from Binge Eating Disorder... I've been struggling for almost 3 years now, but have been actively seeking recovery for aprox. 9 months. It's a *kitten*, but recovery is worth it, no matter how hard it is to achieve!
  • buxomvegan
    Options
    Don't know why it autocorrected "the b-word" to kitten but it made me lol!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me, anorexia binge/purge subtype but mostly recovered
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    mrs_shafer wrote: »
    Don't know why it autocorrected "the b-word" to kitten but it made me lol!

Thats because your not allowed to say the B word on MFP.
  • buxomvegan
    Options
    Me, anorexia binge/purge subtype but mostly recovered

Then join the group! I'd love to have you there!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    only this monday I went to the doctor to get help for my eating purging laxative abuse. It has affected my relations ship with my partner he finds it really hard as to why and how could I do such things (in secret up until now.) My daughters also feels the same I'v been so honest with her about what I have done and have been doing.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @george7527 I used to abuse laxatives too :( it's so hard to stop. I now have crohn's disease which I suspect might be connected to past bad behaviours but have no idea.
  • buxomvegan
    Options
    george7527 wrote: »
    only this monday I went to the doctor to get help for my eating purging laxative abuse. It has affected my relations ship with my partner he finds it really hard as to why and how could I do such things (in secret up until now.) My daughters also feels the same I'v been so honest with her about what I have done and have been doing.

Good for you for getting help @george7527 ! Feel free to join the group! If you ever need any support or inspiration we're here for you!
  • george7527
    Options
    Thank you
  • george7527
    Options
    @george7527 I used to abuse laxatives too :( it's so hard to stop. I now have crohn's disease which I suspect might be connected to past bad behaviours but have no idea.
    Hi sorry to hear that. I can't go with out then get bloated and in lots of pain its a viscous circle horrible