joined yesterday!

Options
after 2 kids, I really wish I looked as good as I did before. after 1st baby i went back to my weight before pregnancy (120 lbs), after my second not so good lol. so I joined & hopefully counting my calories does me some good!! curently at 146 lbs & wanna be at 120 again

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    after 2 kids, I really wish I looked as good as I did before. after 1st baby i went back to my weight before pregnancy (120 lbs), after my second not so good lol. so I joined & hopefully counting my calories does me some good!! curently at 146 lbs & wanna be at 120 again

good for you and congrats on the kiddos :) be sure to at least strongly consider getting a food scale if you haven't and weigh your food. it only takes an additional few seconds and you are FAR more accurate.
  • melissalanden5
    melissalanden5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'll look into them
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    they aren't expensive. get one that does grams and ounces and weigh solids on grams. takes a little extra search in the database. but you can on many items change the default unit of measure to grams. i got a digital from Walmart for like 18 bucks. :)

btw...labels and serving sizes aren't accurate and you don't have much to lose so your margin for error is smaller than those with a lot to lose so to reach your goal..you'll have to be pretty tight on logging :)
  • BerraH
    BerraH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DIDO on the congratulations. At least you are doing something about it instead of nothing which is what I did for years. I did join MFP several years ago but then ended up giving up on it. Finally I knew I needed to do something more than just log my weight/exercise etc. So I went on a metabolic diet and have just recently reached my goal. Now I got back into MFP as a way to just stay focused on maintaining! Also joined a wellness center 3 weeks ago so I am actively exercising and feeling great!
  • melissalanden5
    melissalanden5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BerraH wrote: »
    DIDO on the congratulations. At least you are doing something about it instead of nothing which is what I did for years. I did join MFP several years ago but then ended up giving up on it. Finally I knew I needed to do something more than just log my weight/exercise etc. So I went on a metabolic diet and have just recently reached my goal. Now I got back into MFP as a way to just stay focused on maintaining! Also joined a wellness center 3 weeks ago so I am actively exercising and feeling great!

thanks! & i do small workouts, as a stay at home mom (bf has 2 jobs) the most I can do is work out at home which is better than nothing. I also went back to being vegeterian after my son was born which was 2 1/2 months ago which has also helped with losing a couple lbs.
    congrats! it's never too late