This is hard

Options
I started like a week ago on 1200 kcal a day. Anyways I'm at school atm and I'm watching around 100 people eat pancakes, eggs, potatoes, and cookies. All I can think of is that they're aren't eating nutritionally correct as far as lunch goes. A lot of sugars in they're meal.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Life is a lot easier when you stop looking at things on other people's plates. Since you are only seeing one meal you have no idea how well they hit their macros or micros. None of those foods alone is bad, in fact eggs are excellent sources of protein as well as good fats and potatoes have vitamins. You don't know the context of their overall food choices for the day, so let them worry about their choices especially if you've only been at it for a week.

Also, 1200 calories may be too low for you. If you set your goal to lose 2 pounds per week and you don't have a lot to lose that could be more aggressive than necessary.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're at school, you probably shouldn't be on MFP.
  • drockncrisso
    drockncrisso Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's so hard to be the ONE dieting, when no one else is. To be the one who knows how easy it is to hit 1200 cals - many people just have no concept. As hard as it is, try to just focus on yourself. Carve out 10% of your cals to be a treat food- I know that helps me stay sane when I'm watching people eat stuff I want to eat.
  • KittyCloud1
    KittyCloud1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Technically 18+ people could be at college. And also it takes like 10 years to get a doctor's degree I do not want to hear this rn
  • usmcmp
    Options

Technically 18+ people could be at college. And also it takes like 10 years to get a doctor's degree I do not want to hear this rn

I think he meant if you're in school why would you be online. As in you should be paying attention to your studies. If you are under 18 you need to join Spark Teens. The calculations on this site are for adults, not teens.
  • KittyCloud1
    Options

I think he meant if you're in school why would you be online. As in you should be paying attention to your studies. If you are under 18 you need to join Spark Teens. The calculations on this site are for adults, not teens.[/quote]

... I just lost my train of thought ... oh ya I wasn't in a class at that point of time
  • usmcmp
    edited October 2016
    Options

... I just lost my train of thought ... oh ya I wasn't in a class at that point of time

Are you under the age of 18?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh hon - you've been on here a week. Hold off the judgment on others, m'kay? Eyes on your own plate.
  • KittyCloud1
    Options

... I just lost my train of thought ... oh ya I wasn't in a class at that point of time[/quote]

Are you under the age of 18?[/quote]

No, I'm just going to go to bed as j don't really feel like getting into an argument on my age. Anyways goodnight sweet dreams everyone and don't forget that waking up doesn't mean that your dreams are over, it means it's time toake them come true. And be happy :)