I hate my scale

Options
2»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    My scale seems to work best when stepping on and waiting for the weight to display. Step off and grab something slightly heavy and step on again and wait for the weight to adjust. Then get off, get rid of the item, get on again and use that weight. I found out by holding items and not holding items repeatedly that there's not really any change anymore from that point.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I had a scale like that. Never could get a consistent weight. Finally just bought a new scale. Now I hate my scale for the proper reasons.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I have to press down on one of my scales with my foot briefly and take it off to zero it out every time before I weigh for some reason. I think some of the digital scales don't zero out on their own perhaps? It is frustrating. The other scale of mine won't turn on unless I jiggle it to wake it up. Lol. Finicky
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I had a scale like that. Never could get a consistent weight. Finally just bought a new scale. Now I hate my scale for the proper reasons.

Lol.
  • mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You also need a level floor. The sensors are reading off pressure points and unless you have perfect balance, the sensors are reading what's perceived off a surface that's level. Any deviance from it will usually lead to inaccurate or variable readings.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    It's just your scale. And don't look too far into a couple of pounds. Your weight will fluctuate that much even on the same day.

Most scales also have a certain amount of error already. Especially cheap ones.

I'm not looking into a couple of pounds... I just want a scale that is at least consistent even if it's off by a few pounds. I need to know if my weight is generally going up or down. It's a pain to have to weigh myself twice to get a good reading (on the second try).

I don't see how the batteries could be bad after 6 months. I also don't see how that could consistently cause it to weigh differently between the first and subsequent weighings.

We have bought batteries lately that were complete duds. They could be bad already.
  • Hawtcookies
    Hawtcookies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My scale does this too. It doesn't seem to register changes of 1-2 pounds when measured directly after each other. Like it just sticks to the same number it displayed earlier.

This is easy to fix. Grab something that will add a pound or so to your weight, like a bottle of shampoo or whatever is nearby. That'll give the scale a different reading. Then step on it again without the extra weight.
  • rcoull75
    rcoull75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My scale seems to always show my previous reading the first time I step on it.

Weighed myself this morning and it showed me the same weight I was last week! Stepped off and back on and then it showed me todays weight!

Step on and off another few times and the weight is the exact same.

So my first reading every time is ignored, and subsequent readings seem to be fine.
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I gain .5 lbs on the second weigh in almost every time.. I just add.5 to the first number and call it a day (personally). Occasionally I'll step on it twice as it takes all of 10 seconds to do so.. but it's been like that for years so I just accept mine.