How many days do you food prep for?

Options
2»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I can't eat most leftovers past the second day without angering the diarrhea gods. Meat especially. I'm exceedingly careful about food prep; if someone less careful has prepared it, I can't even have it the second day. So, sadly, the whole "prep ahead" thing doesn't work for me. Jealous of you guys.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Usually 3 days on Sunday night and use that during the week along with leftovers from dinner. CHICKEN TACOS!
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't. I like fresh food.

That's why I said "If you do food prep" in the OP

• abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    2-3
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    4 for veggies
    6 for beans and grains
    Whatever the calorie split is for my dinners. I'm getting 11 meals out of a recipe this coming week.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I prepped 3 months worth of dinner so far for this baby. I usually have about a weeks' worth of dinners available when I am not preggo. I keep everything in the deep freezer.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Only next day lunch really. However we always have meals in the freezer, as we often cook for 4 when there is two of us. We both travel for work so there is no reason not to have a healthy meal when the other is away
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3 days if im full prepping meals. 3-7 if I'm buffet style prepping, really depends on what it is.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I prepped 3 months worth of dinner so far for this baby. I usually have about a weeks' worth of dinners available when I am not preggo. I keep everything in the deep freezer.

That is SO smart! I'm going to do that for my next pregnancy!
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I prep my lunches for the week on Sunday.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I prep lunches/afternoon snacks for Monday-Thursday (for my lunches I typically make a huge vegetable/cottage cheese/egg frittata and have 1/4 of it each day. 1/4 of the frittata is about 250-300 calories and makes a balanced 400-calorie meal when paired with a cup or so of raw green beans and an apple) and fruits/vegetables for the whole week (getting dirt off mushrooms, cracking open a spaghetti squash and removing the inedible parts, washing strawberries, freezing grapes, chopping onions, stuff like that).
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I do mine for a month. Cook, portion, and freeze it all over a day or 2.