Arctic Zero ice cream, don't bother

Options
So I went to my local Nuggets market and they had some new ice cream, Arctic Zero, near the Halo Top. I thought the flavors (cookies and cream and salted caramel) sounded great; it was cheaper than Halo, and has less calories. Win, right? No, just no, this is a frozen protein shake. Not creamy, not flavorful, and has the horrible artificial sweetener aftertaste. I could forgive the artificial sweetener taste if it tasted good. It tastes like a really watered down cookies and cream protein shake. I really regret the $10 for 2 pints :(

Replies

• PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I have an unopened pint in my freezer I was looking forward to trying. I drink a lot of diet pop ( I know...I know...) so the artificial sweetener taste might not bother me as much as others. Is Halo Top any good?
  • scrocke
    scrocke Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've liked all of the Halo Top I've tried so far. I haven't regretted any of those :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • rkinaz
    rkinaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree! Arctic Zero was a complete disappointment.
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rather blend shake with Orgain plant-based chocolate protein powder, unsweetened almond milk and frozen banana slices :)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like Arctic Zero. The chunky pints are better, but they have a few more calories. I agree that Halo Top is better, though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The cookie dough pint wasn't a total abomination.

Their "creamy" pints are a complete waste
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rather blend shake with Orgain plant-based chocolate protein powder, unsweetened almond milk and frozen banana slices :)

Have you seen the Orgain almond milk? I picked some up last night. 10g protein and 100 calories per cup.

I have a freezer full of Artic Zero. Hate them. The only good ones are the ones with something in them. Like the 300 calories a pint ones. And they still are meh. I need to find Halo Top.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Have you seen the Orgain almond milk? I picked some up last night. 10g protein and 100 calories per cup.

I have a freezer full of Artic Zero. Hate them. The only good ones are the ones with something in them. Like the 300 calories a pint ones. And they still are meh. I need to find Halo Top.
    Man, I've only tried birthday cake Halo Top and liked it plenty. It's not real ice cream, but it's good for the week before TOM.

Their store locator says it's at my Kroger. Either it's invisible or they lied.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a serving of regular gelato or ice cream.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just eat ice cream. I tried Halo Top a few times and it gave me bad gas each time. I suspect the sugar alcohol and possibly the added fiber. I don't see what exactly is the source of their fiber. If it's chickory, then that's just powerful fart fuel for me.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am so lucky. a) I actually like arctic zero b) my local grocery outlet has it for $2.50 a pint -- sorry, gotta go break into the key lime pie flavor!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've seen plenty of post on here about both Artic Zero and Halo Top so I really didn't have any high expectations when I bought two pints the other day to try of Artic Zero. I mostly just got them to have something cold that had less calories than my regular ice cream and pretty much any of my other go to treats. I got Cookie Shake and Cookie Dough Chip. I liked both but more so the Cookie Dough Chip because it has little chunks of cookie dough and chocolate chips and that seems to satisfy me a little more. My boyfriend liked that one better as well. When he tried the Cookie Shake he asked if it is supposed to be just flavored ice and said "Well....it's different." haha

I'll probably try some other flavors in the future but here a pint is $4.68 (if I'm remembering correctly) and my real ice cream is cheaper. haha

@brightresolve I'm so jealous of that price! haha
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Halo top is VERY good and only good arctic zero I have had was brownie blast.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It's so watered down. It's like an icee with barely any flavor. That is why it is so low in calories. It's mostly ice. Literally.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When I wanted ice cream arctic zero was a complete disappointment. However I do like banana and someone let me in on a little secret. If you peel a very ripe banana put it in the freezer. Once frozen, blend it up really good it turns nearly creamery almost like an ice cream put a little PB2 on top, it's amazing!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When I want ice cream every now and then, I just get my Talenti and call it a day. I'm a fan of just eating well the majority of the time and then having the real thing when I want ice cream as a treat. Not a big fan of doing the lower calorie stuff for something I don't love.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have tried all the flavors of arctic zero sold in my store and only one of them (fudge brownie i think?) was really edible, Like everyone else said, the flavor is very week and disappointing.