Options
melissalanden5
melissalanden5 Posts: 6 Member
share your vegeterian meals!

Replies

• missillianna
    missillianna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yes, please! lol I would love some good vegetarian meals.
    So far I have couscous pasta & spinach with lemon sauce (package from freezer section) with fresh cut avocados.

I recently went veg. and I have been needing to mix in more protein without playing out peanut butter & avocados.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest a Pinterest account...I use a ton of vegetarian main courses from Pinterest.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    <- Not vegetarian.

Here are recipes that include macros and calories:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/14-vegetarian-friendly-dinners/
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Coconut Thai curry with tofu!

This is my go-to recipe because it uses ingredients that I can keep on hand in the pantry and freezer.

In a large skillet: Fry an onion (all good meals start that way!), add diced garlic, ginger and lemon grass paste (very inexpensive- look for near Thai sauces in grocery store). Salt and pepper.

Add frozen bell peppers ($1.99 a bag at Trader Joe's!), cook until soft, add one small can of sliced bamboo and one of sliced water chestnuts. Add coconut milk from can (I use low fat variety from Whole Foods). This is optional. Add cubes of tofu and simmer for ten minutes.

Good on it's own or over rice :) Even my carnivore boyfriend likes this!
  • claireisnow
    claireisnow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    share your vegeterian meals!

Cauliflower cheese soup... one onion diced fried in fry light in a pan add cauliflower and veg stock. Cook until cauliflower is soft, add a tsp paprika and 2 cheese triangles light, give a stir and then blend. Tastes amazing!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Refried black beans and roasted sweet potatoes. Evan better when you add a few toppings, salsa, sour cream, avocado. Tastes great with or without a tortilla.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Vegan Pumpkin Chili!!! I originally tried making it via the recipe from Thug Kitchen- it was great! But I like my chili a little milder. Key players in MY chili are: black beans, onion, carrot, pumpkin puree, veggie stock base, sweet potato, a squirt of ketchup and a tablespoon of honey! Top with copious amounts of cilantro and a lime wedge. MMMMMM!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I also made MyFitnessPal Blog's Tex-Mex stuffed spaghetti squash 2 days ago! It turned out great, gave half to my veggie friend and she loved it, go look for it on the blog!