I want to lose 100lbs

Options
Hey! I am on a journey to lose 100 lbs by this time next year! I'm 30 years old and have a 10 month old son. I have to be an example for him so he doesn't grow up like and be big his whole life. I need to teach him a healthy lifestyle. I would love friends that are on a similar journey.

Replies

• Mr_StMartin
    Mr_StMartin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently started a journey to lose 200 pounds, have an open journal (though it isn't always the prettiest), log daily, and like to think I am a nice guy. Feel free to float an invite my way.
  • FindingMickie
    FindingMickie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also on a path to a similar goal. Long road but we can do it!
  • CarolCan2016
    CarolCan2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also need to lose at least 100 pounds. Please add me!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • nanknits
    nanknits Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on a path to lose 200+ pounds. I've lost 108 so far. I started mid-August of 2016. Feel free to keep in touch. I know you can do it! Best advice I can give is to set small goals (they add up!), try to make better choices, forgive yourself when you slip, and find any exercise you can do and try to do it regularly. Challenge yourself when that exercise starts feeling too easy. Baby steps and you got it!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I started with 45kg to lose (99lbs). I am down 15lbs so still have plenty to go. Feel free to add me.

Great advice above about setting small goals. Make sure you celebrate the small wins. And be ready to learn a lot. What you think you know now about yourself, your habits, what works for you will probably change over time. Learn from those little discoveries to either make adjustments in what your're doing, or keep going strong!
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On a journey to shed 150LBS - one step, one swim stroke and light weight workout at time.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have about 130lbs to lose. I am two years off of my 40th birthday and I really need to do this now because I am noticing aches and pains where I never had them before. My back is starting to hurt and I know carrying around this extra weight is the reason why. I could really do with more friends who have their food diaries open to friends as I love to get new ideas for what to eat! I love food and while I used to binge eat I have (mostly) got that under control now, however, I just love big portions of all the bad stuff, so trying to get that under control is tricky. I lost about this amount 12 years ago on weight watchers, but regained all but about 20lbs of it within 3-4 years, so this is about the long term too.

Please feel free to add me! I am in the UK by the way, but would love friends from anywhere in the world.
  • CarolCan2016
    CarolCan2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't find a100 pounds to lose group that's still active. Could we start one?
  • newtondak
    newtondak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around 150 pounds and have embarked on a low-carb way of eating. Would love to connect with all of you! What plans are you following?
  • amberlingerfelt
    amberlingerfelt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting on my journey to lose 180 lbs. I am trying to learn how to incorporate healthier options.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    nanknits wrote: »
    I'm on a path to lose 200+ pounds. I've lost 108 so far. I started mid-August of 2016. Feel free to keep in touch. I know you can do it! Best advice I can give is to set small goals (they add up!), try to make better choices, forgive yourself when you slip, and find any exercise you can do and try to do it regularly. Challenge yourself when that exercise starts feeling too easy. Baby steps and you got it!

What did you do to shed 108lbs in roughly 2 months? Or was the year a typo? I worked my butt off for 34 in 2 months lol.
  • mooshca7
    mooshca7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 150lbs. I just got out of a really unhealthy relationship and I'm super motivated to change my life for the better. I am a single mom and I work 12 hour shifts so it's hard to fit in good workouts but I'm figuring that out. I am taking baby steps and cutting out all negativity from my life. I'm so excited to start this journey. I'm pumped!!!!!
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I lost 105 pounds. It took a year. Don't be in a rush, and don't try to out-exercise a bad diet. Learn how to eat at a slight deficit (or even at maintenance) for a few weeks. Give it time. I know that sounds awful, but time will pass anyway. A year from now, you could be at goal. You can do it :-)
  • Andrea1823
    Andrea1823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose 100lbs and would definitely love to connect with like minded people. Please feel free to add me
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, if I set a target like that I'd be scared of failure. I'm 9 months in, 83 lb down, and soooo close to being on target for 100 lb in 12 months. The pressure would be awful. I'd rather just take it one day at a time.
  • lcbachman1
    lcbachman1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on a 100+ lb journey. I started at 249 and am down to 168. My goal is 135. It has taken me over 14 months. I feel great. In looking back, I would say to set small goals, like first 10%. That is what motivated me more than anything.Also reassess your goals every 3 months. Don't set to unrealstic of long term goal like I need to do this in 1 year. When I came up on 1 year and I hadn't made 100 lbs It made me feel terrible. So now I set goals for every 6 weeks.

Also find a time to exercise and keep it consistent, my time is at 5:30 am. Nothing else gets in the way. On the weekends it is 8am.