I want to lose 100lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I can't find a100 pounds to lose group that's still active. Could we start one?

or you could simply join : http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery
  • nanknits
    nanknits Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    nanknits wrote: »
    I'm on a path to lose 200+ pounds. I've lost 108 so far. I started mid-August of 2016.

What did you do to shed 108lbs in roughly 2 months? Or was the year a typo? I worked my butt off for 34 in 2 months lol.

OH MY GOODNESS! That was totally a typo! I started LAST year, 2015. Frankly, I've been in a plateau for the last month-ish. Granted I changed my workout routine (added weights) and I expected a little slow down as a result, but I'm frustrated with the stagnant scale. Hopefully I'll have a breakthrough and start losing again soon. Meanwhile, I'm happy I'm not gaining. I'm also thrilled that my body can do more than I thought it could do (push-up anyone? survive a cardio-strength class? YES! and YES!) Eyes on the prize.
  • nanknits
    nanknits Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also find a time to exercise and keep it consistent, my time is at 5:30 am. Nothing else gets in the way. On the weekends it is 8am. [/quote]

I could never keep a set time to exercise each day. I do have a weekly goal for exercise, and that works for me. I also enjoy the freedom to change what I do for exercise from day to day. It keeps it interesting and helps it not feel like such a slog.
  • scrocke
    scrocke Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose about 100lbs also. Can never have too many people supporting you. Feel free to add me :)
  • Body_Remap
    Body_Remap Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also looking to lose 80lbs

Please add me as I'd like some motivational buddies
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i started in January and have lost 105 pounds so far without exercise. I am eating LCHF and watching my cals. I have not been hungry or had cravings, checkout dietdoctor.com and lowcarbisland.com if you are interested. You DONT have to buy anything
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lcbachman1 wrote: »
    I am on a 100+ lb journey. I started at 249 and am down to 168. My goal is 135. It has taken me over 14 months. I feel great. In looking back, I would say to set small goals, like first 10%. That is what motivated me more than anything.Also reassess your goals every 3 months. Don't set to unrealstic of long term goal like I need to do this in 1 year. When I came up on 1 year and I hadn't made 100 lbs It made me feel terrible. So now I set goals for every 6 weeks.

Also find a time to exercise and keep it consistent, my time is at 5:30 am. Nothing else gets in the way. On the weekends it is 8am.

Do you adhere to any specific diet — or just follow the basic calorie guidelines? Do you eat your exercise calories? What exercise do you do at 5:30?

Any insights really appreciated!
  • AjRogers2
    AjRogers2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on a goal to lose 100 lbs.... but I lost 75 lbs last year in just under 6 months and I've managed to maintain that the past year. Now want to lose the next 15-25. It is not easy especially when you have health issues that prevent exercising, but I strongly believe diet is the key to 90% of weight loss.

While it probably goes against everything that most people do, I managed that loss through eating vegan, not drinking and slowly working in exercise in the pool. I find it so much easier to keep a caloric deficit when not eating meat and dairy products.

Good luck in your journey.