Running in the morning help!

Options
I like exercising in te morning, I feel that it gets me engerized for the rest of the day and plus only one shower to take. It seems like though when I run in the morning I always have to go number 2 in the middle if my run and it's discouraging! I've tried eating then waiting an half hour to run, I've tried no eating or drinking before I go run, I always used the bathroom 2-3 times before I go run. Does anyone else have any advice? I would really like to continue exercising in the morning!

Replies

• charmainecurrie
    Options
    OMG you too!
    glad to know that I'm not alone
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee first. That should help you go before you start your run.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Are you a coffee drinker? I HAVE to go before I run, or I have the same problem. If things aren't working out to my advantage, I chug a cup of coffee and that usually gets things going. :)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    20 min yoga first.
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    is it always at the same time? Or is it always when you run? You might just be really regular ...?
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!!! It's terrible...I spend the last half of my run trying to run home fast it's so uncomfortable! I don't even eat anything before my runs because I am on thyroid medicine and have to wait. I have been looking for answers as well, but for me it seems that about 30-40 minutes after waking up is just my time to go. I am interested to see if anyone has any ideas of how to help with this problem though!
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    Ditto on the coffee, or maybe try strong tea? Takes about 30-60 minutes for it to work for me.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i'm more then the same and had some embarrassing races over the years but totally agree with the coffee - i only have one coffee a day and it is to get things moving in the morning - eating can slow things but if I felt I needed something then I'd have a fun sized choc bar and a strong black coffee and that sorted me and didn't give me issues on my run though I always use to run with tissues on me hehehe

the things we do for sport
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    No, you're not alone, and I'm walking, not running!! I don't eat in the morning and without fail 25 minutes into my walk it's time to go!! I'm able to break my workout into two 30 minute walks, one Am and one PM so that helps. But I have no solution on how to stop it from happening.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! But I usually just move around the house a little bit when I'm drinking my morning coffee, and that helps!
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    That happens to me all the time! I just try to go before my runs but sometimes it gets bad on my hour to two hour long runs...
  • fergalizcious
    Options
    I like exercising in te morning, I feel that it gets me engerized for the rest of the day and plus only one shower to take. It seems like though when I run in the morning I always have to go number 2 in the middle if my run and it's discouraging! I've tried eating then waiting an half hour to run, I've tried no eating or drinking before I go run, I always used the bathroom 2-3 times before I go run. Does anyone else have any advice? I would really like to continue exercising in the morning!

This happens to me too, but I have found that the more regularly I run, the better it gets. I think that when you run, it just shakes everything out of you, but if you keep it up, eventually there won't be too much extra. It'll still happen, but it won't be as bad or as frequent.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the ideas! I'll definitely have to try drinking tea or coffee in the morning!