Premiere Protein - Does it jack with your stomach?

Options
I couldn't get half of my Premiere Protein shake down this morning before I started getting some severe stomach cramping. I'm assuming it was the protein shake, as nothing else was different this morning. Anyone else have issues with Premiere Protein, or was the stomach issues just a complete fluke?!

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. No matter the brand or protein source (I've only tried whey, whey isolate, egg, and soy powders), cramps and intestinal distress. And I've no problem with allergies or intolerances to those things in food form. I just chalk it up to the often added sweeteners.

My tummy doesn't like it, so I don't use powders.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No. Some do, but that one doesn't.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to dairy? You'd be surprised at how many lactose intolerant people don't realize that whey is a form of dairy. If not artificial sweeteners or thickeners (like xanthan gum or carrageenan) can cause stomach issues.
  • crissy1110
    crissy1110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to dairy? You'd be surprised at how many lactose intolerant people don't realize that whey is a form of dairy. If not artificial sweeteners or thickeners (like xanthan gum or carrageenan) can cause stomach issues.

I'm not! That's what's weird! And I've had other protein powders/shakes and have not had issues! Maybe it was just a fluke. I'll try again tomorrow and if I'm miserable again, I know it's the protein...LOL!

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    crissy1110 wrote: »

I'm not! That's what's weird! And I've had other protein powders/shakes and have not had issues! Maybe it was just a fluke. I'll try again tomorrow and if I'm miserable again, I know it's the protein...LOL!

If you have had other protein shake and not had the issue, then it's probably what else they add. Isolates tend to be easier on the stomach compared to concentrates. So that may be worth noting.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

a dairy allergy and a lactose intolerance are not the same thing.

I am lactose intolerant, but not allergic to dairy. i can have whey protein isolates (99% lactose free), but not regular whey for example.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What's the main protein source in Premiere Protein? I absolutely cant have anything with whey concentrate in it, but I'm fine with isolate and casein.
  • MCTay23
    MCTay23 Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i'm the same way.

my stomach cant handle them at all

any alternatives?