add me keep me motivated

Options
Hi add me would like to know what you all do to stay on track!!!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @khadijahumphrey23
    welcome to MFP
    I recommend you read MFP Most Helpful Post at the beginning of this message board
    here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started
    Buy yourself a food scale, weigh everything you ingest, log it at MFP
    If you eat at a deficit ( Calories burned higher than calories ingested), your weight will decrease
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • jmaine252
    jmaine252 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm super excited to have found a community of like minded people! That said, I'll give a little bit of info about myself. An avid collegiate athlete I chose to take the past 5 yrs away from the gym and dieting all together. The past year I made the decision to go vegetarian, and it has been one of the best decisions I've made! I currently run 2+ miles daily as my primary workout. Wth the diet choice and running schedule I have dropped over 40 lbs! After some time of dedicated discipline, I have decided to re-enter the gym with goals of competition by 2020. I'll be tracking the journey on my page, along with diet tips and recipes. Stop by, feel free to friend me and share what works for you!
  • deactivatefat
    deactivatefat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Log everything prior to eating. Leaves little room for error- reward yourself, accountability partner
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    What I do to stay on track:

•log everything. EVERYTHING
    •set daily calories at a reasonable deficit (not a severe deficit) and a realistic goal weight (not trying to get back to the weight I was at age 15 or something)
    •Let myself have treats but in moderation and within calorie limits (so I don't feel deprived but still get results)
    •Weight loss is motivating to me- when I'm getting results I want to keep seeing results, not do things that will hinder them.
    •I've learned to enjoy exercise
    •I eat On a schedule and plan for snacks.
    •try to chose lower calorie higher fiber foods to feel fuller
    •eat plenty of protein- at least 100g per day. I check my protein level in "nutrition" every time I eat to see how I'm doing
    •try to exercise 5 days a week- even if it's just a quick walk. I keep on track by logging my workouts into a calendar app so I can see at a glance how much I've done and if I'm slacking
    •Follow fitness and weight loss related YouTubers and instagramers
    •add friends on MFP
    •go grocery shopping often so I always have healthy food options available
    •I have a "why" (good reason why I want to lose weight)
    •I'm all in
  • Ylyvyuh
    Ylyvyuh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I'll give you an add :)
  • khadijahumphrey23
    Options
    Ylyvyuh wrote: »
    Howdy, I'll give you an add :)

Thanks